BlogTO says it's going to be an Apple store, so it must be true!

They mentioned the Orchard Road Apple store in Singapore "with its glass facade that spans 120 feet high". I've been there - the glass wall is indeed impressive, but not THAT impressive. Maybe 45 to 50 ft. But BlogTO often gets facts about Toronto wrong, so you can't blame them for inaccuracies when reporting about far-flung places like Singapore.

And the article mentions a number of times that Apples stores contain "no interior columns". I see nothing BUT interior columns in the first few floors. Am I missing something? (kind answers only. ;) )

And the article mentions a number of times that Apples stores contain "no interior columns". I see nothing BUT interior columns in the first few floors. Am I missing something? (kind answers only. ;) )
Welp...the presumed ground retail floor has no interior columns unless you are including the slanty ones as interior, since they'll be inside and all. I'm not aware other floors are for retail though. Hope this helps?

As someone in this thread once pointed out, we're pretty much talking about an Apple Store that just so happens to have a condo on top of it.

I still see nothing wrong with talking about the anchor tenant for the biggest/most prominent construction project in the city at one of if not the most significant intersection in the city *shrugs*

There is nothing wrong as long as the discussion is restricted to fruitco vis-a-vis this project, not a discussion about fruitco at large.

AoD

Last edited:
Any thread is bound to have a few off-topic posts, usually started by someone making light-hearted remarks about a relevant post, rendering or even the contributor (eg. Benito getting a penthouse at The One), or perhaps it began with comparisons to other projects or other cities. They often add interests and humor to the thread, but sometimes we get carried away to the point that when an occasional visitor clicks on the thread expecting to see the latest news or construction updates, all they see on an entire page are off-topic discussions. I think the moderators have done a commendable job in curtailing off-topic discussions that go on for far too long, instead of just deleting every post that's not strictly relevant to the thread.

I mean, at this point, it almost certainly is going to be an Apple store, no?

There's no 1st-party confirmation (I.e. Apple) or hard evidence (leaked contract) that it will be.

It is almost certainly going to be a high-budget tenant selling high-margin products.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021

IMG_20210517_113632342_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210517_113913734_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210517_114025697_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210517_114031397_HDR.jpg

So the east forms are grey and west forms are brown. Any reason for this method outside of wanting to throw the more constructionally clueless UT members such as myself for a loop? >.<

Back