You said a lot of nothing here while making claim to knowledge while deliberately excluding previous claimed knowledge.

Sour grapes make good wine. I will toast this building completion, with or without you 😉
To be fair, he/she/they may not be in a position to disclose the basis of their argument any further. So for good or bad, we have to give this person the benefit of the doubt until more reliable information disputes the claims there in.

Is it possible that slow work is due to the increase in height?
Unlikely. As that has little bearing on the bottom end of this structure currently under construction. Nor can I see The City putting in a work stoppage until this building reaches above the height in negotiation...and we're likely months and a year away from that, lol.

Taken today by a friend and passed along to me to share. They have a good eye, I think:

signal-2021-06-20-123832.jpg

Is it possible that slow work is due to the increase in height?

It's unlikely for the height increase to require structural changes at the base; I expect many/most of the structural steel pieces to be manufactured already.

Last edited:
To be fair, he/she/they may not be in a position to disclose the basis of their argument any further. So for good or bad, we have to give this person the benefit of the doubt until more reliable information disputes the claims there in.
I know enough, since initial involvement of major constructability planning in 2016 and complete redesign of the podium when Kingsett would not sell the Rogers building.
You said a lot of nothing here while making claim to knowledge while deliberately excluding previous claimed knowledge.

Sour grapes make good wine. I will toast this building completion, with or without you 😉
That trades are busy and if a project starts and stops it ends up losing good workers? It happens more often than people think, and relationships do matter and can become an uphill battle to get good workers back on site. Doing the math on two cranes sitting for what, 6-7 months barely moving - due to permitting to proceed (which I mentioned before falls under the Developer to get in place), let alone a CM waiting to go as well - I think anyone here can do the math - all of those cost money and a lot of it. Therefore in the financing world, not so much a good investment if you spend more money at the end of a project just to finish it. The removal of the CM as well makes for a huge change, hiring new staff and the learning curve to pickup where others left off - all of these are factors that I know the investing groups were not to happy about.

All I've done is really stated facts and my opinions about those facts. You can switch Mizrahi's name with any other developer - the execution of the "project" was not at all well done. It can be said about many projects in this city, but unfortunately this one has a lot of eyes. Like really - make sound decisions, don't jump the gun, have a plan, follow it, and execute. I can still state that I believe the building is and will be a breath of fresh air in the city.

I know enough, since initial involvement of major constructability planning in 2016 and complete redesign of the podium when Kingsett would not sell the Rogers building.

That trades are busy and if a project starts and stops it ends up losing good workers? It happens more often than people think, and relationships do matter and can become an uphill battle to get good workers back on site. Doing the math on two cranes sitting for what, 6-7 months barely moving - due to permitting to proceed (which I mentioned before falls under the Developer to get in place), let alone a CM waiting to go as well - I think anyone here can do the math - all of those cost money and a lot of it. Therefore in the financing world, not so much a good investment if you spend more money at the end of a project just to finish it. The removal of the CM as well makes for a huge change, hiring new staff and the learning curve to pickup where others left off - all of these are factors that I know the investing groups were not to happy about.

All I've done is really stated facts and my opinions about those facts. You can switch Mizrahi's name with any other developer - the execution of the "project" was not at all well done. It can be said about many projects in this city, but unfortunately this one has a lot of eyes. Like really - make sound decisions, don't jump the gun, have a plan, follow it, and execute. I can still state that I believe the building is and will be a breath of fresh air in the city.

I still don't see your point outside the wildly obvious assertions you yourself in this post attribute to "many projects". What is your personal issue? These projects are challenging we all know that, I still can't pinpoint what your issue is?

Maybe you can provide the specific details of "the other projects" that are 2.5 years behind schedule once started?

Ok this is an honest question. When they got above ground permits I remember seeing something about it being structural something only.

Presumably this is the top of the podium. Is this potentially yet another permit issue?

I'm by no means trying to imply that every issue here is a stop work order or a permit problem but it was clear mizrahi did not have all his permits in advance. Anyone with some insight on this?

Back