khaldoon

Active Member
Member Bio
Joined
Feb 16, 2012
Messages
376
Reaction score
1,264
Yes I think it is this one:


https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/attachments/20210525_154410-jpg.322596/

Photo by Bjays92


1624581884313.png
 

pgbuilder

New Member
Member Bio
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
175
City:
Toronto
I was talking to a colleague last night who was managing/coordinating the overall structure of the project, they mentioned why it could be slowed right now because of the tower extension. We all know the building was scaled back in height, and so in fact the mass tune damper was as well - the design carried on with this smaller size (roughly 400ton). They mentioned the building may have never completed the wind study & sway calculations of the extra floors after the city's original reduction, which for the extra floors - it could add as much as 150tons or more to the mass tune damper. This might be a cause hinging on the city's decision for the height extension for readying the transfer slab. Again some speculation about the design completion since we are not involved with the project anymore, but they were immensely involved in the design coordination.
 

UtakataNoAnnex

Senior Member
Member Bio
Joined
Mar 5, 2020
Messages
3,072
Reaction score
3,757
So this could take weeks, months, even a year before The City passes down a decision on this?
 

pgbuilder

New Member
Member Bio
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
175
City:
Toronto
So this could take weeks, months, even a year before The City passes down a decision on this?
Unfortunately, I don't want to keep feeding the speculation but I don't know where they are in the approval process. I'm hoping the design analysis is complete and they just build for taller in the hopes, but how much that adds to the base building costs, I feel it could be exponential, especially if it does not get approved. Lots of factors could be hinging on this approval and transfer floor.
 

UtakataNoAnnex

Senior Member
Member Bio
Joined
Mar 5, 2020
Messages
3,072
Reaction score
3,757
Unfortunately, I don't want to keep feeding the speculation but I don't know where they are in the approval process. I'm hoping the design analysis is complete and they just build for taller in the hopes, but how much that adds to the base building costs, I feel it could be exponential, especially if it does not get approved. Lots of factors could be hinging on this approval and transfer floor.
Fair enough. Though this is starting to feel like a Kickstarter funded project tied up with stretch goals and feature creeps. >.<
 

khaldoon

Active Member
Member Bio
Joined
Feb 16, 2012
Messages
376
Reaction score
1,264
4 years of endless excuses from the project apologists. This building should have been called ..BUT ONE
Not sure why you think anyone would provide excuses or apologize for something they are not directly connected with. Nor I understand why some folks think the developer owes them an explanation or has to do things according to their expectations. The developer has to answer only to his financiers and possibly his clients (according to their purchase agreements) and to the city as far as sticking to officially granted permits.
 

pgbuilder

New Member
Member Bio
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
175
City:
Toronto
4 years of endless excuses from the project apologists. This building should have been called ..BUT ONE
I like your take on the BUT ONE hahaha, at one point I would have in the past argued back with you. But now just a simple bystander with a few resources that might be able give a higher possible explanation to the masses. Either than that just watching like everyone else and growing pretty tired of waiting
 

Riseth

Active Member
Member Bio
Joined
Aug 11, 2020
Messages
511
Reaction score
3,021
I'm staying optimistic that whatever's going on behind the scenes will work itself out and in a year from now, we'll be taking pretty skyline shots of this beauty rising.
 

Top