dodgeram

Member Bio
Reaction score
More steel being installed today. Picture taken by the crane operator Erik Millette.

C8EF826D-BD01-4C6A-92D4-74037481E7C2.jpeg

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
More steel being installed today. Picture taken by the crane operator Erik Millette.

Not sure what time the pic you posted at 11am was actually taken, but one piece of steel became half a dozen in Benito's post a couple of hours later 🏗️ 👏.

Kudos to Erik and the guys working below.

Contra

Member Bio
Reaction score
Going to be really interesting seeing them work on the elevator shaft. Lot's of steel and concrete await...

Also I guess the cat's out of the bag for the Apple store with what appears to be a ventilation component?

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Going to be really interesting seeing them work on the elevator shaft. Lot's of steel and concrete await...

Also I guess the cat's out of the bag for the Apple store with what appears to be a ventilation component?

When was the cat bagged?

LOL

Also.....seriously, who was bagging cats that this phrase became a thing?

When I adopted kittens when I was 8, from the pet store, they came boxed! (yes with air holes!)

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
The cat has been out of the bag for a few years, the word 'Apple' appeared on architectural plans ages ago, it's just that some people refuse to accept the obvious, leading to posts repeated ad nauseum that it's not certain since there's been no official announcement. So as to not let this thread get tiresome again, I'll boot any following posts that go on about this.

dodgeram

Member Bio
Reaction score
There was also some info I read on LinkedIn regarding the formwork solutions that will be used once they finish up these last few floors.

Doka is being used to provide a self-climbing system that will build the core, (I assume something similar to this https://www.doka.com/us/system-grou...tic-climbing-formwork/super-climber-scp/index). The formwork will be raised hydraulically and move the concrete placing boom with it. A self-climbing hydraulic protection screen will also be used on the exterior for the installation of the façade elements to protect those below (https://www.doka.com/en/system-groups/doka-safety-systems/protection-screens/xclimb-60/index).

This climbing supercore system by Doka was also used at the infamous 432 Park Avenue supertall project in New York City. Heres a video:

Last edited: