elevator core is not connected to the exterior walls i guess?
Maybe not any more. It was connected in the previous floor as this photo by Benito shows.

CB8F4D29-17CA-4105-BC05-0050787C9AE9.jpeg

i wonder if every 6th floor will have interior i beams to tie it all together.

we know the 6th floors are different because of the bench seating.

Dud Mizrahi get the height increase he was looking for? I see the thread includes a height of 338.4 meters but I didn’t see the approval for the height increase.

Dud Mizrahi get the height increase he was looking for? I see the thread includes a height of 338.4 meters but I didn’t see the approval for the height increase.

Not yet:

1639612484224.png

If you wish to ask about the status; you might try the planner on the file:

1639612596918.png

Last we heard, the city wasn't particularly impressed by him promising to repave the bloor-yonge intersection in exchange for the height increase. So we shall see how negotiations/LPAT go.

Last we heard, the city wasn't particularly impressed by him promising to repave the bloor-yonge intersection in exchange for the height increase. So we shall see how negotiations/LPAT go.
And with a city council that tends to side with folks who thinks 5 stories is a "tower"... /sigh

council = a bunch of tax payer vampire lifers, the lowest form of government.
Don't get me wrong...I am all for council when they're doing the right things and pushing for the right causes. I get miffed when they fall off those rails and/or get distracted by populist gibberish...

...like rejecting Mizahi's new height variation request for this building because reasons...and votes... /sigh

Correct. The previous floor housed the elevator pit and likely required the extra structural support. The sixth floor is the lowest level for these elevators and will have hallways on the east and west sides.
I mean more like the stupid rhetoric about how there should be affordable housing in this building.

Or the general fact they push nimbyism over density in a housing crisis

Thing I don't understand then, and maybe you can explain it....

There are projects that take this long to build. Gehry condos will be anther one, and there have been others in the past. So why would any developer take on a project knowing it's going to take that long to build?
I might be able to address specifics if you can give an example of for-profit private project that actually took 6, 7, 8+ years to complete. Gehry tower may be planned to take 6+ years to complete, I have no idea. But, I also don't see any action there. Let's stay out of hypotheticals, such as the Gehry towers. If you think back to projects that take 6+ years to complete they are generally projects that involves government, airports, dams, subway, etc. Theses projects are backed by governments that aren't looking at NPVs with discount rates of 5-8%. Governments take and must take much longer periods of time into account. Private investors want returns now and as high as possible. When your payback period is 6-8 years and your discount rate is 8% things get ugly fast. Not mention the risk associated with periods of 8 years. The odds of catching a market down turn when you project goes on this long is much higher.

Anyway find me a project that took 8 years to complete, was a success and we can pick apart why it's an exception. I suspect it'll be hard to find.

Back