So where did that white shipping container they just hauled off come from? I mean, I know they've been using said containers through out this project's tenure and currently...I don't know where this particular one they just peeled off was hiding.
I was wondering the same thing. I think it was on the Bloor Street side, where there were three stacked.

I've heard a few comments about the project's lack of speed. I would agree prior to the summer of 2021 worker capacity at the site seemed about 50% which may have been caused by any number of things, however over the last six months I don't think construction could move any quicker. I believe all these floors above the ground floor retail are acting in part as a massive transfer slab for the over 900' of structure above. Making the ground floor retail without columns really complicates things including lateral load handling but isn't it great somebody's got the vision and means to do it?

Hi guys, long time no post. Many pages ago I mentioned I'd talk about the sequence of this tower. I was not able to post at the time as I got a talking to since I was working for them. With that being said, I no longer work for them and while I cannot explain everything that's going on, the tower and its sequence is going according to plan, at least last month it was.

You'll notice from pictures already posted they've started installing the ACS on the east side of the building, there are two more sides to that will be arriving at a later date and connecting it all together to create an envelop around the top of the structure going all the way up. This is called the ACS, and it will raise itself as required. Back to the concrete/rebar.

Those walls (level 6-7) are about ~900m3 of concrete, agilia at 75mpa, the manpower and supply must line up and that's not always as easy as it seems.
To keep things short and sweet, once they hit level 9, they should be flying, till level 17 where they need to slowdown and figure out some stuff for the mechanical floors (double height too!)
Around level 20/21 they'll be dropping in some elevators. These elevators will begin building inside as the tower continue up and it'll be a self-climbing set of elevators (as in the machine room for the cart, can and will pull itself up inside the elevator shaft. There will be 680 pockets in total for these elevators' use as they climb up. Additionally the RCS will begin installation when the tower is roughly at level 17-20 (the exact timing is unclear due to certain conditions that I cannot get into). The RCS is a similar enclosed space as the ACS that climbs not with the envelope, allowing workers to complete the job regardless of weather conditions (in most weather conditions*) the second system, RCS, will not have the south side installed as the crane ties get in the way, along with two man-hoists going in on the south elevator of the tower. Glazing will not be installed, or at least not everywhere. In theory/last thing I know about it, the south glazing elevation of the building won't be starting till the crane is down.

You'll stop seeing the structural steel mega columns being delivered above level 9, as the building no longer requires them going up, you'll have I beams w/ a plate in some areas (mainly where the diagonals meet the mega columns) to create the bond between the diagonal and the mega column.

You'll also see on the south podium that they will have a level surface, eventually... That area will be used for the duration of the project to lay material down and use it as required. It'll also help with logistics as the site at the moment is very limited in space and it's incredibly hard to store anything on site. Not to mention now that there may be a retailer moving in, that shall not be named.

Additionally, you'll see the crane being tied in several times with ties being removed and re-added at a later date, depending on the height of the crane.

I don't check this often, but if you have questions, feel free to ask me, if I can answer it, I will. Hope that gives you guys a little more insight. I am sad I had to leave the project, but anyhow, on to other things! 😁

So at level 17 and 21 there will be a mark increase of comments here complaining why this is taking so long...

Not to mention now that there may be a retailer moving in, that shall not be named.
...always thought whatever is moving there wouldn't be friendly to us Muggles. 🙀

Edit/PS: Thanks for the wonderful update @CoolMint008 though! /bows

Hi guys, long time no post. Many pages ago I mentioned I'd talk about the sequence of this tower. I was not able to post at the time as I got a talking to since I was working for them. With that being said, I no longer work for them and while I cannot explain everything that's going on, the tower and its sequence is going according to plan, at least last month it was.

You'll notice from pictures already posted they've started installing the ACS on the east side of the building, there are two more sides to that will be arriving at a later date and connecting it all together to create an envelop around the top of the structure going all the way up. This is called the ACS, and it will raise itself as required. Back to the concrete/rebar.

Those walls (level 6-7) are about ~900m3 of concrete, agilia at 75mpa, the manpower and supply must line up and that's not always as easy as it seems.
To keep things short and sweet, once they hit level 9, they should be flying, till level 17 where they need to slowdown and figure out some stuff for the mechanical floors (double height too!)
Around level 20/21 they'll be dropping in some elevators. These elevators will begin building inside as the tower continue up and it'll be a self-climbing set of elevators (as in the machine room for the cart, can and will pull itself up inside the elevator shaft. There will be 680 pockets in total for these elevators' use as they climb up. Additionally the RCS will begin installation when the tower is roughly at level 17-20 (the exact timing is unclear due to certain conditions that I cannot get into). The RCS is a similar enclosed space as the ACS that climbs not with the envelope, allowing workers to complete the job regardless of weather conditions (in most weather conditions*) the second system, RCS, will not have the south side installed as the crane ties get in the way, along with two man-hoists going in on the south elevator of the tower. Glazing will not be installed, or at least not everywhere. In theory/last thing I know about it, the south glazing elevation of the building won't be starting till the crane is down.

You'll stop seeing the structural steel mega columns being delivered above level 9, as the building no longer requires them going up, you'll have I beams w/ a plate in some areas (mainly where the diagonals meet the mega columns) to create the bond between the diagonal and the mega column.

You'll also see on the south podium that they will have a level surface, eventually... That area will be used for the duration of the project to lay material down and use it as required. It'll also help with logistics as the site at the moment is very limited in space and it's incredibly hard to store anything on site. Not to mention now that there may be a retailer moving in, that shall not be named.

Additionally, you'll see the crane being tied in several times with ties being removed and re-added at a later date, depending on the height of the crane.

I don't check this often, but if you have questions, feel free to ask me, if I can answer it, I will. Hope that gives you guys a little more insight. I am sad I had to leave the project, but anyhow, on to other things! 😁
welcome back friend and happy new year~!
i'm sure i speak for everyone following this thread that your generosity in sharing this insight and experience is much appreciated, as always!
i know this is probably too early to tell exactly, but in your professional opinion, when would you estimate this tower will top out, and when will it be substantially complete? really excited to see this on the skyline!

Thanks for the info! Agilia concrete? That's supposed to have a nice finish (the only project I know of that used it were the pylons at Sherbourne Commons).

AoD

welcome back friend and happy new year~!
i'm sure i speak for everyone following this thread that your generosity in sharing this insight and experience is much appreciated, as always!
i know this is probably too early to tell exactly, but in your professional opinion, when would you estimate this tower will top out, and when will it be substantially complete? really excited to see this on the skyline!
The official time line is end of 2024/5. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the internal schedule, but I'm sure you can guess the actual completion date.

Thanks for the info! Agilia concrete? That's supposed to have a nice finish (the only project I know of that used it were the pylons at Sherbourne Commons).

AoD
Agilia refers to concrete that is very high in slump, allowing it to get into highly congested areas. It would, in theory hardly need any finishing as it's self-levelling. However all the floors have anything between a 10mm to 100mm topping finishing, depending on the floor/use of floor :)

4513AB31-4430-4192-9DAD-FC575A030446.jpeg

Back