79FFAC7D-C0DA-4941-9798-38B069DB901A.jpeg
694AA4D3-9F78-429C-A717-35B775F72EE7.jpeg
7A9D51ED-DAB5-41D7-877C-59D5905087CD.jpeg
4FA36BD2-4B74-42F7-89ED-4CF2A34BBD8D.jpeg

Panels going up on the elevator tower this morning.

I'm confused on these concrete corners. East the deal with the exoskeleton so they didn't have pillars in corners and provide unobstructed corner views. I don't notice this on renderings.
20220421_094557~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20220421_094315_HDR~2.jpg
    20220421_094315_HDR~2.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Panels going up on the elevator tower this morning.

I'm confused on these concrete corners. East the deal with the exoskeleton so they didn't have pillars in corners and provide unobstructed corner views. I don't notice this on renderings.

They do have them in the schematics and renderings (see example below). I think the idea of the exoskeleton is that these corner pillars wouldn’t have to be as thick and you wouldn’t need as many pillars overall as you would normally need, especially for the ground retail floor. This design allowed for the central elevator core to be hoisted/carried by a big concrete slab on a higher floor instead of the basement where it would go through the ground floor.

5048-54941.jpeg

They do have them in the schematics and renderings (see example below). I think the idea of the exoskeleton is that these corner pillars wouldn’t have to be as thick and you wouldn’t need as many pillars overall as you would normally need, especially for the ground retail floor. This design allowed for the central elevator core to be hoisted/carried by a big concrete slab on a higher floor instead of the basement where it would go through the ground floor.

5048-54941.jpeg
Omg how have I never noticed that lol. I've seen it so many times but for some reason just didn't click. Thanks makes all clear now.

What's the height of the condo floor plates 10ft or more ? Because I guess they've already built two floors of it according to the sixth last photo on the previous page ! And they look tiny compared to the floor plates below lol!!

It's true, none of the marketing renderings have the corner pillars, but you can clearly see them in the architectural plans. Someone pointed this out in this forum earlier. Buyers of a 6 figure+ condo should be aware of that. Marketing renders are just that, marketing. In the long run bait and switch developers do get that reputation, although it doesn't seem matter much in the Toronto market.

My theory and wishful thinking is that once they reach the first mechanical level, we'll see an almost complete building underneath to allow the Hotel and the store that shall not be named to begin operations, while the rest of the tower continues to make it's way up. That gets them off their backs, and hopefully (with some monies exchanged) settles any lawsuits along the way. That way we all get the tower we want, with the store we want, and we all can live happily ever after.

I’d say it’s because some of the renderings — like this one from their website — are playing fast and loose with the truth.
...this building in render has already moved West of the Financial District and then mysteriously back again. So I am going to wage that unless they look reasonably close to the building being constructed, take them for a grain of salt. <3

Is it not possible those support beams are temporary needed for construction of the corner floors?

My guess is that they’re needed because the slabs on the lower floors are thicker and heavier, requiring the extra load bearing columns at the corners.

Back