Temporary Corner posts on the east side removed, new crane section sitting at grade.
1F3F6C40-FB60-43E7-AFF3-AA7AF05276E8.jpeg
8918E1BE-FD43-4C5C-AB62-D6661C792438.jpeg

It looks like the yellow posts holding up the corner section have been removed from all but the south-west corner. Yet, no signs of them pouring the corner floor slabs that've been ready for months now.

The slab doesn't need support anymore - the hangers are holding them up via tension.

AoD

interesting i wonder if the next level corner pour is about to happen, maybe they wanted full tension weight on before pouring?

interesting i wonder if the next level corner pour is about to happen, maybe they wanted full tension weight on before pouring?

Maybe they have to wait for the floor where the upper attachment point is to completely cure first so that the tension from the added weight at the corner won't pull the columns outwards?

AoD

I guess this is giving us a window into why they are doing those corners last.

Maybe they have to wait for the floor where the upper attachment point is to completely cure first so that the tension from the added weight at the corner won't pull the columns outwards?

AoD
they have several floors above to create tension... but also the corners should cancel out some of the pulling force since the corner floors will be under compression from the pulling force of the tension members.

but i also think the super columns would laugh at the little amount of weight those corners represent....

I'm surprised they're not using fly forms for the main faces yet. Looks like they wouldn't work on the corners, but surely would save some time on the spaces between the super columns?

I'm surprised they're not using fly forms for the main faces yet. Looks like they wouldn't work on the corners, but surely would save some time on the spaces between the super columns?

It looks like maybe they’re starting to set up tables? This one set of forms is made up of large panels (compared to the other sets) and it looks like it has legs instead of the yellow posts.

📷: @Benito

1ED6C585-1426-494C-A475-535B786670A7.jpeg

Attachments

• C3525250-54AB-4ABE-A4B0-6079CDEF4E1C.jpeg
    C3525250-54AB-4ABE-A4B0-6079CDEF4E1C.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 57
It looks like maybe they’re starting to set up tables? This one set of forms is made up of large panels (compared to the other sets) and it looks like it has legs instead of the yellow posts.

📷: @Benito

View attachment 412023

Yes, you see them in Benito’s last picture on top of the blue box in the set above as well as in pictures #5 and #6.

Back