That could in part be because of the double height floors. Even if they reinforced the mullions that's still a long span that'll allow for some deflection. Curious to see if they stiffen up on the typical floors

those thick black rubber gaskets between the panels are going to be bother me a bit. i wonder if they have plans to cover them or paint match them or something.

Here are some photos taken moments ago. I can no longer see the cement trucks when they park on Balmuto St so most definitely the building is getting taller. It won't be long when it blocks my view of Humber Shores :(
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG

those thick black rubber gaskets between the panels are going to be bother me a bit. i wonder if they have plans to cover them or paint match them or something.
If you are referring to the Mega-Column joints (edit: you were talking about the glass panels, not the cladding), you might be seeing shims or the film in shadow. Inside the joints, the material has the same gold-ish finish as the face of the panels. Once they've been pealed, these babies will shine!

Last edited:
The cladding looks to be a bit on the lower end for luxury condos, or at least the corner pieces. The reflections in #14336 seem to be noticeably distorted within some of the panes.
I was going to keep this thought to myself because of the backlash I received last time. But 100% this... quite disappointed to be honest.

I was going to keep this thought to myself because of the backlash I received last time. But 100% this... quite disappointed to be honest.
We're still doing better than One WTC with their multiple shades of blue glass that are just different enough that it's extremely aggravating to look at

We're still doing better that One WTC with their multiple shades of blue glass that are just different enough that it's extremely aggravating to look at
We're doing better than a lot of buildings!

It's just with a special building like this, you'd want everything to be perfect (in theory).

I own a unit here, so I'm a little picky. Definitely room for improvement on the claddings.

If you are referring to the Mega-Column joints, you might be seeing shims or the film in shadow. Inside the joints, the material has the same gold-ish finish as the face of the panels. Once they've been pealed, these babies will shine!
i hope so. i was looking at #14,336. in the 3rd photo it looks like the gap between panels is fairly large and further accentuated by what looks to be black rubber between the gaps. i'll wait until they're unrwrapped and installed properly.

Back