They cannot just dig without caisson walls, so I doubt it's "real" digging.

debbie-downer.jpg

Attachments

• debbie-downer.jpg
    debbie-downer.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 389
Update:
The first building in Toronto that will be taller than First Canadian Place, and the first aiming to cross the 'Supertall' threshold of 300 metres, is now under construction. Digging commenced this morning on The One, an 82-storey tall mixed-use tower that will top off in a couple of years at 306.3 metres or 1005 feet. Designed by London's Foster + Partners and Toronto's Core Architects, the complex by Mizrahi Developmentswill feature 7 double-height storeys of retail and restaurants (also connecting to the local PATH network and subway underground), 10 storeys of hotel, and another 66 storeys of residential and mid-tower mechanical.

We don't know the hotel operator yet, correct?

I saw a cryptic LinkedIn post a few weeks ago that alluded to a JW Marriott in Toronto to be announced this fall.

I was previously disappointed by the cancellation of the Bazis building as it had a Sofitel which would have been perfect for the site. Further disappointed that the new Great Gulf iteration omitted a hotel component. Glad to have seen it brought to The One.

I would love it if there was a webcam for this build set up on 1 Bloor East, or failing that, on the top of the Bay tower kitty corner to the site.

No thanks. The larger the podium, the more banal the street interface.

Some weird stuff going on. Pretty sure Michael Bros. and GFL are competitors (unless GFL acquired another excavation/demo company)

Not weird at all considering GFL bought Anchor Shoring, which would be doing the Shoring and Michael Bros obviously received the Excavation Contract over GFL...

Trades do work together you know..... its not one at a time

I thought the remaining building on site was to be demolished with only the facade being retained. How are they starting shoring with it still in place?

Not weird at all considering GFL bought Anchor Shoring, which would be doing the Shoring and Michael Bros obviously received the Excavation Contract over GFL...

Trades do work together you know..... its not one at a time

I didn't see the Anchor Shoring. Thanks. It makes sense now.

Back