Today.
68A37D9A-73BC-4626-8E4E-0C3BFB4DEB4C.jpeg
20DC562B-550B-4686-8A20-19418FC09802.jpeg
CE89B05F-7BE7-48E8-8FF2-3845F005256B.jpeg
65CA4FBF-555E-4612-81D2-DD5A1E3CFD62.jpeg
9F5620F0-6484-465A-BDB0-6FB529911317.jpeg

No wonder these units cost millions. It's going to take them two years from the start of shoring to the time they pour concrete for the first basement floor. I think it was the summer before last when they started shoring? I guess the small site and unique structure really eat into the schedule. Painstaking!

No wonder these units cost millions. It's going to take them two years from the start of shoring to the time they pour concrete for the first basement floor. I think it was the summer before last when they started shoring? I guess the small site and unique structure really eat into the schedule. Painstaking!

If this one finishes at all :rolleyes::(

Let's hope it does!
I have no first hand experience in condo development but even if the developer folds this project is too far along to remain unbuilt. Someone will buy the remains, pennies on the dollar, sell the units again and take a second shot at it. Of course that would delay things for years. I don't think this is a question of if it will finish but when.

Interesting court case involving Twelve Gates Capital (Eddy Cogan's son Larry?) and Mizrahi Development Group on this project. Some details on financing and negotiations with Riocan. Twelve Gates says they were hired by Mizrahi to find an equity partner for One Bloor West based on commission and profit participation. They recruited Riocan, but the deal fell apart as the zoning approvals were not obtained prior to financial close, which was one of Riocan's requirements. Twelve Gates is alleging Mizrahi mislead them on the timing of zoning approvals, and then took advantage of the interest Twelve Gates and Mr. Cogan had drummed up in order to secure financing from other investors without having to pay Twelve Gates. They are asking for $15 million, and also tried to suit Sam Mizrahi personally.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2018/2018onsc7656/2018onsc7656.html

Back