If this doesn't get resolved soon, it will screw over all the trades, as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one remediate the soil when they're basically at grade now? Tear it all down?

They don't. The soil remediation permit was one they received earlier.

As long as the price of real estate continues to climb, the lenders won't panic and will continue to extend time/money to see this to completion.
If real estate prices sour severely, then Mizrahi will obviously lose control and lenders will make decisions that suite them best.

Let's hope the market stays the course.

Okay, so with your experience, when a project reaches this point was is the usual outcome? With all the signs that you have seen, do you see this project being completed, or failing, or just stalled?

Look across the street to the east for One possible outcome.

If this doesn't get resolved soon, it will screw over all the trades, as usual.
Once (or IF) the liens get started things would get very ugly. Mizrahi was still doing refinancing deals halfway through foundations. Imagine if that finance company gets a notice of liens?
Ugly...very ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once (or IF) the liens get started things would get very ugly. Mizrahi was still doing refinancing deals halfway through foundations. Imagine if that finance company gets a notice of liens?
Ugly...very ugly.
Hard to believe the lenders aren't aware of this stoppage, impossible really.

Let's not all be too concerned yet. It should resume soon, and if not, there's not much we keyboard warriors can do about it.

Last edited:
Gee it's too bad they couldn't solve this out without all that paperwork, in most city's in the world they would probably delay a stoppage of a billion dollar project till the proper permits would be issued
....i'd say a spoiled bunch @ The City of Toronto

Last edited:
Has anybody here reached out to Mizrahi? The last time I did he personally got back to me in 24hrs. I got shit on urbantoronto by a few forumers for doing so, so I can't be bothered this time.

You know someone reached out to him - because you've made posts on SSP referring to the fact that the permits being ready for the 30th.

Back