Gee it's too bad they couldn't solve this out without all that paperwork, in most city's in the world they would probably delay a stoppage of a billion dollar project till the proper permits would be issued
....i'd say a spoiled bunch @ The City of Toronto
if the work is contrary to what is allowed why would they (city) give into favouritism?

Does anyone know if this project is back into construction mode? Because Koop has Illustrated it back into the Toronto's skyscraperpage illustration page again. As being the tallest building constructed in Toronto today.

Does anyone know if this project is back into construction mode? Because Koop has Illustrated it back into the Toronto's skyscraperpage illustration page again. As being the tallest building constructed in Toronto today.

That wasn't me... some other editor made that change.

Sorry koop's ! I'm so used to you being involved in creating and editing illustrations on skyscraperpage. l didn’t know that someone can put your illustration back on that Toronto page.

The One was recently featured in an Architectural Digest article on Jan 31, 2020:

There's also this article on CoStar about its work stoppage that came out today, although it's Paywalled:

Unlike most on here, I don't see this as a big deal. I'd be curious to know what element of the Building Permit that the City is having an issue with. But otherwise you can't fault a construction company for building as much as possible. While this is concerning for lenders, I don't think it is a reason for them to cut and run (why would they risk losing their investment). It's better for a stoppage to be issued now and to make sure everything is in order than once construction is complete (a la Berlin airport).

Unlike most on here, I don't see this as a big deal. I'd be curious to know what element of the Building Permit that the City is having an issue with. But otherwise you can't fault a construction company for building as much as possible. While this is concerning for lenders, I don't think it is a reason for them to cut and run (why would they risk losing their investment). It's better for a stoppage to be issued now and to make sure everything is in order than once construction is complete (a la Berlin airport).
As outlined already the issue is that the technical zoning by-law amendment hasn't yet officially become in force law (only provisionally approved), which means above grade permits can't be issued as it doesn't meet zoning.

The One was recently featured in an Architectural Digest article on Jan 31, 2020:

There's also this article on CoStar about its work stoppage that came out today, although it's Paywalled:

Thanks for posting these! ?

It's a big deal because it's not normal for a construction project to have an UNEXPECTED stoppage of this length. It will disrupt the Master Schedule and Occupancy Dates. This all means money will be lost.

As outlined already the issue is that the technical zoning by-law amendment hasn't yet officially become in force law (only provisionally approved), which means above grade permits can't be issued as it doesn't meet zoning.
Really? Why did they get a work order in Sept long before hitting grade? Why did they ignore it resulting in a non compliance? Why is a building that is at a min. 15 months behind schedule still dealing with permits?

Why do you care so much?
A little salty you got passed over for working on the project or something?

When is the technical zoning by-law amendment being put into law (i.e. is it scheduled)? Is someone from the City holding it up?

Back