It's amazing how many Portuguese still don't speak English, despite being here for 40+ years in most cases.

Most of the ones here can speak english, they just choose not to. I didn't know my grandma could speak english until she passed away and some of her friends came to the funeral who weren't Portuguese. My mom said she purposely only spoke Portuguese to us so we would pick up some of the language. Plus it was a good way to ignore people in public when she didn't want to speak to a stranger.

For the ones who don't speak English at all, they were likely brought here from Portugal on work permits due to labour shortages and haven't been here long at all.

.For the ones who don't speak English at all, they were likely brought here from Portugal on work permits due to labour shortages and haven't been here long at all.
Even then these people that cant speak English must all be over 50 yrs old cause they've been teaching English as the second language in Portugal from the 1st grade on for the past 20 years

Today: after the pour

4793393C-0DFB-4374-A782-C17026C339F9.jpeg

So is the site non-essential? (No above grade permit)
Some people saw the "Agreement in Progress" status which they interpreted as a permit, but that is not a permit. No above-ground permit has been issued for this project. Therefore it does not qualify as an essential project despite being mixed-use. For reference, see the list of essential workplaces (link) effective 11:59 p.m., April 4, 2020.

1586265217859.png

1586265944666.png

Also as I have explained above in the thread, the City cannot legally issue an above-grade permit on this site, until the park at 14 Dundonald is remediated and conveyed to the City as parkland. This is required by the final LPAT order with the zoning (see this post). I have been hoping that someone will post an update on 14 Dundonald (see this thread) but the house was still standing shortly before the shutdown so I suspect this has not been finished yet.

1586266005905.png

Haha, this development got the kiss of death right from the day they demolished Stollerys
hope after all these setbacks they can move on with the construction?

View attachment 240009

Unless otherwise permitted in writing by the General Manager,Parks,Forestry & Recreation.
No that’s a narrow permission only for encumbrances. I could be wrong but I have negotiated parkland dedication clauses like this many times and that permission always relates to encumbrances. And even if I’m wrong, the GM PFR is not going to agree to a delayed parkland conveyance.

No that’s a narrow permission only for encumbrances. I could be wrong but I have negotiated parkland dedication clauses like this many times and that permission always relates to encumbrances. And even if I’m wrong, the GM PFR is not going to agree to a delayed parkland conveyance.
I think you've repeated your point several times now, sir

Back