1603072053079.png

1603072084725.png

I assume the next step is to connect those corners up to complete an inner "square"? I am basing this on what's lying on the ground waiting to be hoisted up.

...meanwhile, those 'vater shafts under construction to the West are a flying!

Between this by Foster + Partners, Toronto Courthouse by RPBW, BIG's KING and RSH's StL North, we have an embarrassment of riches in this town (not to mention ongoing projects by COBE, 3XN, WilkinsonEyre, AS+GG, Studio Gang, DS+R, Mecanoo, Grimshaw, Weiss/Manfredi, CC+A, MVVA, West 8, etc)

AoD

Last edited:
Based on the photos posted throughout the day, it looks like there were no workers anywhere on site today? Odd, given how much was going on last week, including the elevators and area above the ramp. Hope all is well!

Between this by Foster + Partners, Toronto Courthouse by RPBW, BIG's KING and RSH's StL North, we have an embarrassment of riches in this town (not to mention ongoing projects by COBE, 3XN, WilkinsonEyre, AS+GG, Studio Gang, DS+R, Mecanoo, Grimshaw, Weiss/Manfredi, CC+A, MVVA, West 8, etc)

AoD

Yeap.

B1M ranked Toronto as the leading city in North America which will have the greatest skyline transformation by 2025

Yeap.

B1M ranked Toronto as the leading city in North America which will have the greatest skyline transformation by 2025

On the side, Lagos, Nigeria was quite surprising on that list. And in a good way.

Based on the photos posted throughout the day, it looks like there were no workers anywhere on site today? Odd, given how much was going on last week, including the elevators and area above the ramp. Hope all is well!

It was raining. The ironworkers can't/won't work in the rain. Heat is fine, cold is fine, snow is fine, but rain or wind will shut down an erecting gang. Only exception might be to unload a truck or secure a site.

Small and tall: Benito's first shot really reminds us of how small the tower footprint actually is relative to its height (some close-up renders makes it appear much bigger). This one will soar when complete.

In the skyline
UT
The base width appears to be at least 5 meters smaller than 2 Bloor West which google maps measures as 37 m wide. I was curious to picture how a roughly 300m tall tower looks from street level so had a little sketch up fun by doubling 2 Bloor's current height. For comparison 432 park avenue in NY square base is 28.5 m wide. The one may not come close to 432's huge height to width ratio but is quite remarkable – The gold outline attempts to show the approximate proportion of The One. Anybody know what the actual width is? On a side note: 2 Bloor’s stacked/wedding cake mock up is reminiscent of BIG’s design for Two World Trade Center for some reason. It would have been cool to see that design also get built close to the current 2 world trade center. Oh well…hope you don’t hate my mediocre attempt at 3d modeling hah…p
2-bloor west.PNG
2 bloor west.PNG

Last edited:

Back