Very cool! ^ . We’ll be looking at a very tall external tower crane then, another record setter for the city.

Today.
467C1886-A610-4987-A041-E1536400CB10.jpeg
DB1F3A42-C886-4877-A1AF-3C15E9A86104.jpeg
C3FDA372-D1A4-4154-AA9F-2B1BA32D590A.jpeg
33AA7C3C-F81B-4F2B-B489-0214E0198165.jpeg
7D6E3B54-4F72-424E-85D3-F449AE39DD99.jpeg
DB145298-9A82-4C31-9FC2-38AED1DBA213.jpeg

Is the grey stuff on the boards that will eventually have the concrete poured on it, is it a kin to a non stick substance?

Also I wonder if there are going to be more metal plates added similar to the structure that was in the floor of the ground floor pour. Also that is going to be one complex back breaking rebar hook up when they start it.

Is the grey stuff on the boards that will eventually have the concrete poured on it, is it a kin to a non stick substance?

Also I wonder if there are going to be more metal plates added similar to the structure that was in the floor of the ground floor pour. Also that is going to be one complex back breaking rebar hook up when they start it.
It's a lot more durable than plywood. Plywood tends to absorb water from poured concrete decreasing the plywood's strength. Also plywood surfaces being plied wood tend to leave their imperfections imprinted on the ceiling formed which is not desirable for exposed finished ceilings.

Last edited:
Hopefully we get the second set of angled columns soon. Also, this building makes me miss being in school for civil engineering, this would have been a dream project to work on.

I gotta say.. that's the nicest looking scaffolding I've ever seen. I love the colour scheme and it seems like there's less to them than regular scaffolding.. or my eyes are just playing tricks on me.
It sure is interesting to see. Having worked with shoring systems and scaffolding for many years, I appreciate seeing them used in many ways. I remember the scaffolding that collapsed on this site that was bracing the hoarding on the Bloor St. side a few years ago. I never found out the outcome of the investigation for the failure.

I was observing the last photo and it's starting to amazes me. Once these cross beams get put up in sections. They will be supporting the equivalent of six storey at a time in the condo area section. And I guess twenty-five feet or more where the building indents in words section. This will be an interesting building to watch going up !

Back