So the lighting features are mentioned on the architectural plans, I've added the screenshots below:
1609990738495.png

Unfortunately, I can't find the plan by Mulvey and Banani Lighting Inc.

94 storeys just so my tower is taller than yours? Or are they wanting to make more money? Has Mizrahi stated how much more of a development charge they are willing to pay? No reason for the city to approve it for nothing.

94 storeys just so my tower is taller than yours? Or are they wanting to make more money? Has Mizrahi stated how much more of a development charge they are willing to pay? No reason for the city to approve it for nothing.
Oh I'm sure if the city is willing to go for the height increase they will let .Mizrahi know how much more cash they want for Section 37/42 .
..Remember .Mizrahi has already forked over 37 million for Section 37/42 funds to get where they're at

Oh I'm sure if the city is willing to go for the height increase they will let .Mizrahi know how much more cash they want for Section 37/42 .
..Remember .Mizrahi has already forked over 37 million for Section 37/42 funds to get where they're at
I say tax the hell out of Mizrahi, and the buyers - if the ultra rich international elite want a chunk of Toronto's skyline make them pay. I would even propose a progressive luxury tax on units over a certain value - which is what they do in Hong Kong on all sorts of luxury goods. If we arent willing to change the system we better be prepared to squeeze out of much of it as we can to help improve the life of regular people in this city - things like parks, ttc, community services and so on.

So the lighting features are mentioned on the architectural plans, I've added the screenshots below:
View attachment 292774

Unfortunately, I can't find the plan by Mulvey and Banani Lighting Inc.
The lighting plans were submitted with the Site Plan Approval (SPA) application. These are about a year old and will probably be updated as part of a SPA amendment. One thing I've noted is the TMD cladding lights missing from the lighting plans.
The One Lighting Plans.JPG

The One LT-02.JPG

Source: City of Toronto, AIC, 15 128257 STE 27 SA (March 13, 2020)

The lighting plans were submitted with the Site Plan Approval (SPA) application. These are about a year old and will probably be updated as part of a SPA amendment. One thing I've noted is the TMD cladding lights missing from the lighting plans.
View attachment 292821

View attachment 292820
Source: City of Toronto, AIC, 15 128257 STE 27 SA (March 13, 2020)
Nice:cool:, RGBW

What is RGB and RGBW?
Standard RGB LEDs consist of red, green, and blue chips. Different colors are obtained by mixing the light produced by three separate chips in certain proportions. If all three LEDs illuminate at full brightness white color obtained. Beside the red, green, and blue LED chips, there is a white LED chip in RGBW LEDs

Nice:cool:, RGBW

What is RGB and RGBW?
Standard RGB LEDs consist of red, green, and blue chips. Different colors are obtained by mixing the light produced by three separate chips in certain proportions. If all three LEDs illuminate at full brightness white color obtained. Beside the red, green, and blue LED chips, there is a white LED chip in RGBW LEDs
To further that, RGB-only elements to produce whites with a cold colour temperature. When you see a "white" LED display that looks to be slightly purple, blue or green, it's generally only a 3-diode element (RGB) and incapable of producing anything close to a natural white. The CN tower's colour displays seem to be limited to RGB-only, and look pretty horrible IMO.

RGBW elements have a fourth diode (a white with a preset colour temperature) or five in the case of those with a colour-temperature adjustable white (each of a cool white and a warm white which get mixed), aka RGBWW. In any ideal situation, you'd want to go with RGBWW for as good a colour accuracy as you can get.

That said, I mean how much colour accuracy are you really looking for in a lit crown, when the standard for installations seems to be cycling a rainbow like a cheap Ikea night light?

Passed by today, but no pictures (no visible changes since Benito's ground-level shots a couple of days ago). I noticed that the top of the new supercolumns is about level with the 6th floor of One Bloor East. Impressive!

Woohoo! New vertical support column added! Thanks @Benito for the awesome pictures again!

This is the centre beam highlighted below. There is a notch midway up the column to support the floorplate of Level 4. There should be another small piece going on top of this column to connect to the angle support beam from the supercolumns. These all together will support the massive transfer plate on Level 5.

The next few weeks, while we go through the builds of Levels 3, 4, and 5, should be very eventful!

Also, is that a crane section that is beside that vertical support column? Are we getting our first crane jump of the big crane? (Edit: I edited my post before seeing the post by @justathought ! But yes, it does look like it!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back