1610476198920-png.293736

This schematic makes it clear that the central crane will come down after the next floor is poured with the angled columns meeting at a single point where the crane is now.

The inner angled columns run parallel to the 4 sides of the crane, actually, so they won't interfere with where the crane is located. I've marked up the floorplan of the hotel lobby level. The red square is roughly where the central crane is located. The yellow boxes are where the inner angle columns are placed. The 4 corners of the yellow box are where the smaller inner vertical columns are located.

1610490430471.png

I do agree with you that once the hotel lobby level floor is poured, they'd remove the big central crane as all the more complex and complicated metalwork is completed, and the building starts following a more routine floorplan. Maybe they replace it with a regular crane, or use the existing 2nd crane as an external crane all the way to the top, I don't know.

The inner angled columns run parallel to the 4 sides of the crane, actually, so they won't interfere with where the crane is located. I've marked up the floorplan of the hotel lobby level. The red square is roughly where the central crane is located. The yellow boxes are where the inner angle columns are placed. The 4 corners of the yellow box are where the smaller inner vertical columns are located.

View attachment 293775

I do agree with you that once the hotel lobby level floor is poured, they'd remove the big central crane as all the more complex and complicated metalwork is completed, and the building starts following a more routine floorplan. Maybe they replace it with a regular crane, or use the existing 2nd crane as an external crane all the way to the top, I don't know.

Thanks for putting together the schematic but the point I’m making is that on the next floor, there’ll be another set of diagonal columns that will meet at the centre. These will support the transfer slab which I would reason is required to support the load of the floors above it and will need to be poured before proceeding.

The yellow crane will continue the job flying alongside as the tower rises.

Back