I am curious how the corner sections are going to be joined to the main slab, once they are added. Usually you'd leave the rebar running long past the form by a foot or two so that you can tie the rebar in the second section back into the first section, but in the photos it doesn't look like they did that.

I don't doubt the engineers and formers know what they're doing, and that they've got this figured out, I'm just curious what the process is. I know a cold joint wouldn't have any strength, and I could see the hangers somehow supporting the outside edges of those corner pieces, but I don't get how the inside edges of the corner slab, against the current pour, are going to be held up?

I am curious how the corner sections are going to be joined to the main slab, once they are added. Usually you'd leave the rebar running long past the form by a foot or two so that you can tie the rebar in the second section back into the first section, but in the photos it doesn't look like they did that.

I don't doubt the engineers and formers know what they're doing, and that they've got this figured out, I'm just curious what the process is. I know a cold joint wouldn't have any strength, and I could see the hangers somehow supporting the outside edges of those corner pieces, but I don't get how the inside edges of the corner slab, against the current pour, are going to be held up?
The only thing I can think of is that they would drill away the concrete straight edge bits, exposing the rebar so they can then use forms, add more rebar and then poor in the concrete from there. But that seems a bit messy, IMO. Perhaps they have another method I haven't yet thought of.

Pour is done for now, the yellow crane progresses.
9ACC2C5B-B214-4EC4-97F9-42C4DD176511.jpeg
2F0BF577-55AF-4208-A1A1-BE8984867370.jpeg
9DD4353A-3A1D-4ED8-BC82-7AE3AEA10FDB.jpeg
FDCF81A4-4F72-4D09-AAF1-94C0BB4E384B.jpeg
467280B4-63BD-4562-9E54-F3922A036434.jpeg
4B6DC43E-ECFA-4FB8-8415-36AA76261589.jpeg
98459B51-EE91-45D5-8FAE-7BCA0100A3B7.jpeg
6CD424A0-98CC-4B7A-8188-76E6BBF016C0.jpeg

You can see in the last photo above that they have poured the slab to allow for the connection to the infill slab that will happen later

I haven't been on this site in some time - does anyone know if Mizrahi was successful in getting the increased floor count he was asking for?

I haven't been on this site in some time - does anyone know if Mizrahi was successful in getting the increased floor count he was asking for?
I still believe that's an ongoing process:

So the claim here is that they are leaving out the corners until they have installed those diagonal beam thingies?

For the record though, no one has declared this a mystery...rather it's something outside of what we understand (or least I do) and are reasonably trying to make sense of this. It's why we ask (or least I ask) questions here. I hope that's not an issue...

...but it's not a surprise from where I stand that an unconventionally constructed building is constructed unconventionally. Or at least to the lay observer.
Love how polite Canadians are - unconventional is a way kind to describe Mizrahi.

It will be impressive to see that crane rise next to the tower. Even if the extra height is not approved, the crane must be over 320 m tall (from ground level) when the tower is close to topping out.

It will be impressive to see that crane rise next to the tower. Even if the extra height is not approved, the crane must be over 320 m tall (from ground level) when the tower is close to topping out.
I would feel sorry for the crane operator who has to climb that close to 320m daily.... I would just bring a blanket up there lol

Back