Looks like they are using the roof of the podium and west elevator bank as storage for forms, rebar and other items. The only noticeable change from @Benito's pics is the completion of a larger platform on the west side of the west elevator podium. I guess they needed more room to store forms and rebar?

Looks like they are using the roof of the podium and west elevator bank as storage for forms, rebar and other items. The only noticeable change from @Benito's pics is the completion of a larger platform on the west side of the west elevator podium. I guess they needed more room to store forms and rebar?
Good eye! They've been using the swimming pool as rebar storage for a while now, but I hadn't noticed the west elevator podium having forms and temporary support pillars as well.

It does really look like the calm before a huge storm. Everything is lining up and getting ready for the big pour before going full hands on deck.

I was quietly wondering about that.

How do you keep a GC and other trades available and engaged when construction shuts down regularly? you keep paying them.
This must be costing Mizrahi a fortune.
I'm sure there must be delivery dates being pushed back considerably as well, with appropriate penalties.
Ouch.

Crews on site today:
8E834B80-2D1B-438F-A27F-C04142090B26.jpeg
8AE68AD7-27B9-467F-88F9-1AF8C852ECF1.jpeg

How do you keep a GC and other trades available and engaged when construction shuts down regularly? you keep paying them.
This must be costing Mizrahi a fortune.
I'm sure there must be delivery dates being pushed back considerably as well, with appropriate penalties.
Ouch.
Yea it's tough, and expensive - no current CM costs since we were taken off the project late last year so that is definitely a savior for Miz. Keeping those companies involved engaged is one thing through payment. I'm not sure about anyone else here but project fatigue definitely can become a factor on an employee level but maybe that is just my experience. Was on a project down in the states before the start of this one which was stop and start due to the client only able to secure small bits of financing for months at a time for two years, by then half of the original construction team that was sitting and waiting were moved to other projects, such as myself. Obvi these stops and starts are for different reasons but I feel that engagement slumps until its back going full force on an individual level

Back