I was talking to a colleague last night who was managing/coordinating the overall structure of the project, they mentioned why it could be slowed right now because of the tower extension. We all know the building was scaled back in height, and so in fact the mass tune damper was as well - the design carried on with this smaller size (roughly 400ton). They mentioned the building may have never completed the wind study & sway calculations of the extra floors after the city's original reduction, which for the extra floors - it could add as much as 150tons or more to the mass tune damper. This might be a cause hinging on the city's decision for the height extension for readying the transfer slab. Again some speculation about the design completion since we are not involved with the project anymore, but they were immensely involved in the design coordination.

So this could take weeks, months, even a year before The City passes down a decision on this?

So this could take weeks, months, even a year before The City passes down a decision on this?
Unfortunately, I don't want to keep feeding the speculation but I don't know where they are in the approval process. I'm hoping the design analysis is complete and they just build for taller in the hopes, but how much that adds to the base building costs, I feel it could be exponential, especially if it does not get approved. Lots of factors could be hinging on this approval and transfer floor.

I took these yesterday, people were buzzing aboit on site.
20210624_120557.jpg
20210624_120441.jpg
20210624_120522.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't want to keep feeding the speculation but I don't know where they are in the approval process. I'm hoping the design analysis is complete and they just build for taller in the hopes, but how much that adds to the base building costs, I feel it could be exponential, especially if it does not get approved. Lots of factors could be hinging on this approval and transfer floor.
Fair enough. Though this is starting to feel like a Kickstarter funded project tied up with stretch goals and feature creeps. >.<

4 years of endless excuses from the project apologists. This building should have been called ..BUT ONE
Not sure why you think anyone would provide excuses or apologize for something they are not directly connected with. Nor I understand why some folks think the developer owes them an explanation or has to do things according to their expectations. The developer has to answer only to his financiers and possibly his clients (according to their purchase agreements) and to the city as far as sticking to officially granted permits.

4 years of endless excuses from the project apologists. This building should have been called ..BUT ONE
I like your take on the BUT ONE hahaha, at one point I would have in the past argued back with you. But now just a simple bystander with a few resources that might be able give a higher possible explanation to the masses. Either than that just watching like everyone else and growing pretty tired of waiting

I'm staying optimistic that whatever's going on behind the scenes will work itself out and in a year from now, we'll be taking pretty skyline shots of this beauty rising.

Many of us are likely unapologetic for this project, as we want the darn thing built. However, less likely apologetic for Mizrahi's handling of it.

I like your take on the BUT ONE hahaha, at one point I would have in the past argued back with you. But now just a simple bystander with a few resources that might be able give a higher possible explanation to the masses. Either than that just watching like everyone else and growing pretty tired of waiting
I dearly hope his creditors are more patient than we are.

That first shot is great. It's the first time I've been able to get a sense of scale thanks to the people in the shot. The lobby is way bigger than I thought it was.
Yes I agree, great shot, but it is not a Lobby. It is the Retail space (Whole thing) for a high end tenant. As most people have commented for many many posts (Apple).

Back