Glass is looking very sharp! Exciting to see it go up so early.

Tower glass should be equally beautiful to see as well.

Yep, pretty darned diddly busy today...

P1230708.jpg

P1230689.jpg

P1230690.jpg

SW corner...

P1230691.jpg

These two big rigs arrived and began unloading...

P1230700.jpg

P1230704.jpg

P1230701.jpg

P1230702.jpg

P1230707.jpg

An animated gaggle of workers confirmed their price of a cool mill apiece. But wanted to emphasize it costs significantly more to fully install...

P1230696.jpg

P1230694.jpg

P1230692.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently, it is not big enough. The City decided it would be a good time to carve up the road adjacent to this "small" project.

Isn't it too early to start putting in the windows? They just started to climb!
These are not ordinary windows. This is not an ordinary building under construction. Nor does it appear to be built in convention.

Some may scoff at this as foolish. I suspect the method behind this is most likely sound and well planned out though.

Isn't it too early to start putting in the windows? They just started to climb!
As far as I remember they plan on having some retail space open long before construction is complete, so I'd expect to see glass and other finishes on the first few floors long before the tower starts making an impact on the skyline, though I could be wildly wrong there.

An animated gaggle of workers confirmed their price of a cool mill apiece. But wanted to emphasize it costs significantly more to fully install...

Whatever the true cost, I can only imagine how costly it would be to replace if a vehicle crashes into it or if it is vandalized ala 2010-G20. I’m actually surprised road block barriers aren’t planned around this thing.

Whatever the true cost, I can only imagine how costly it would be to replace if a vehicle crashes into it or if it is vandalized ala 2010-G20. I’m actually surprised road block barriers aren’t planned around this thing.
Wait. $1,000,000 per panel of that glass?

Yes, I'm sure it's due to all the squawking on this site about what a terrible developer Mizrahi is, and how no one knows what they're doing.

Everyone give yourselves a pat on the back. :p
It is possible to simultaneously criticize his huge missteps and self-inflicted delays, while admiring his commitment to delivering something exceptional and standing out from the crowd. Both of these things are true.

Wow. And curtainwall frames as well? I guess we'll see cladding on the podium in the next week or so? The tubes in those skids look an awful lot like what we saw in the mockup of the south-facing low-rise wall.

Edit: Actually, looking back, I never noticed it before, but I think the curtainwall anchors have already been installed in the low-rise section. I don't see a spider or any hoisting rigs in the pictures that have been posted, but if they're just planning on using the tower crane they might be good to start installing in the next day or two. I think they just need to put down some sill track and they should be ready to go.

Last edited:

Back