More steel being installed today. Picture taken by the crane operator Erik Millette.

Not sure what time the pic you posted at 11am was actually taken, but one piece of steel became half a dozen in Benito's post a couple of hours later 🏗️ 👏.

Kudos to Erik and the guys working below.

Going to be really interesting seeing them work on the elevator shaft. Lot's of steel and concrete await...

Also I guess the cat's out of the bag for the Apple store with what appears to be a ventilation component?

Going to be really interesting seeing them work on the elevator shaft. Lot's of steel and concrete await...

Also I guess the cat's out of the bag for the Apple store with what appears to be a ventilation component?

When was the cat bagged?

LOL

Also.....seriously, who was bagging cats that this phrase became a thing?

When I adopted kittens when I was 8, from the pet store, they came boxed! (yes with air holes!)

The cat has been out of the bag for a few years, the word 'Apple' appeared on architectural plans ages ago, it's just that some people refuse to accept the obvious, leading to posts repeated ad nauseum that it's not certain since there's been no official announcement. So as to not let this thread get tiresome again, I'll boot any following posts that go on about this.

There was also some info I read on LinkedIn regarding the formwork solutions that will be used once they finish up these last few floors.

Doka is being used to provide a self-climbing system that will build the core, (I assume something similar to this https://www.doka.com/us/system-grou...tic-climbing-formwork/super-climber-scp/index). The formwork will be raised hydraulically and move the concrete placing boom with it. A self-climbing hydraulic protection screen will also be used on the exterior for the installation of the façade elements to protect those below (https://www.doka.com/en/system-groups/doka-safety-systems/protection-screens/xclimb-60/index).

This climbing supercore system by Doka was also used at the infamous 432 Park Avenue supertall project in New York City. Heres a video:

Last edited:
Here is one of the steel pieces being hoisted up at 10am this morning
20210803_094513.jpg

Does anybody else get the sense that this project is incredibly slow? 11 months ago they were at grade - Now maybe 5-6 floors up....The workers that are going to finish this building aren't even born yet! Like another Sagrada Familia. Imagine the equipment that was ordered for this project 5 years ago will be antiquated before its even installed.....

Great Building but this kills developers.....

Does anybody else get the sense that this project is incredibly slow? 11 months ago they were at grade - Now maybe 5-6 floors up....The workers that are going to finish this building aren't even born yet! Like another Sagrada Familia. Imagine the equipment that was ordered for this project 5 years ago will be antiquated before its even installed.....

You are very late to that party of discussion hahaha.

It'll Speed up soon based on the major concrete pour that just happened for the transfer slab.

;p

a) There's been a pandemic for the past year and a half. Labour shortages, materials delays, etc.
b) This building has a more complex design than the vast majority of buildings.
c) Every building is technically obsolete by the time it tops off; welcome to the modern pace of technological/engineering advances.

How does this kill developers?

B207D3A1-AA16-427F-827F-C5754077F711.jpeg
A1F74CB2-9C9A-4DFB-B243-ADE574200F64.jpeg
AE3EDA27-F69E-4871-91B7-8FAE20CBC155.jpeg

BB8B1BC1-D554-46E1-85E1-B89E9B701E14.jpeg

74E6E092-325D-4BF3-B787-36823E193AFF.jpeg

BF76345F-7EFB-4FA8-8B52-F1CC56F52A5F.jpeg
Work may seem slow at the One, but lots of foundation work has taken place since I’ve started working on site a few weeks ago. Concrete pour for the 5th floor transfer slab has been the top focus and is now complete. The base for the tower elevators shafts will also sit on the 5th floor. Frame installations on the southwest elevation portion of the project, along with panel installations for the atrium are also currently being implemented. Columns extending to level 9 are currently being installed as well.

Back