I think the actual doorway is bigger than that - that’s just the size of the opening in the form.

(📷: @Benito)

45AF3D04-3A78-4B3E-BF1B-8ED2F519C1F0.jpeg

Can someone explain to me why tying all that rebar together, undoubtedly massive amounts of man-hours to do so, is more economic than using just steel beams? In NYC most of the new skyscrapers seem to be steel beam construction. The transfer slab here in particular was insane amounts of rebar, all tied together and seemed to take forever. Couldn't steel beams have been used there instead of the rebar and concrete and done much, much faster?

Look how tiny the doorway is compared with the entire wall!!
It's for the Alice in Wonderland mezzanine...

Can someone explain to me why tying all that rebar together, undoubtedly massive amounts of man-hours to do so, is more economic than using just steel beams?
...rebar tartan.

I'm sure more helpful explanations will be forthcoming though. 😼

The tower is designed to resist loads through its mega columns and shear walls that are designed for the use of rebar. Filling out the concrete with as much reinforcement as possible is essential as this is the main source handling the tower’s load. Also the tower is designed to limit stress on the lower portion and requires this amount of reinforcement.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
This just looks like a community consultation meeting. Any decision for the height increase would be during a Toronto East York Community Council meeting (and later ratified by City Council). Community Council and City Council meetings are held during the day.
East York??? East York's boundary doesn't cover Yonge and Bloor areas.

Back