Looks like they are getting closer to finishing the south podium. The NE section above the heritage building has one more level (roof) to go. It will be nice to see that corner finished.

There's no question this building has been moving incredibly slowly. It's also one of the most unique and complex buildings in the city.

There have definitely been delays (covid, stop work permit, etc.) And they've definitely been behind schedule (pours happening weeks after they were scheduled to on multiple occasions) so yes it's been slow and they're definitely not on schedule. That said, I imagine building this podium always would've taken longer than most over buildings, and its not hard to figure out why.

So I guess it's up to each individual to determine just how slow this has actually been, relatively speaking.
I believe that's the all things considered I was on about. That is, if it wern't for those factors, would this project actually pick up pace everytime they worked on it? I surmise they might be more head of schedule, but I suspect it would still be painfully slow to watch from our laypersons' advantage. >.<

20211111_121623_HDR.jpg

It's already gotten noticeably less dense, if you go back and look at the forming on the lower levels.

Also likely had to be extremely well enforced at ground level due to the load being transferred from the elevator slab through the angled columns onto them at that point.

I move to forbid @Benito from taking any vacations for the next 5 years (or however long) while we wait for this building to be completed! All in favor, please say aye! 🤣

In all seriousness, welcome back! We missed your diligent pictures! I hope you had a splendid vacation!

Back