What's the permanent plan for the corner slabs? Will that yellow joist in the corner be replaced with something more substantial to carry the weight of every corner slab over the height of the building, or will each corner slab be supported by that the supercolumns somehow?

What's the permanent plan for the corner slabs? Will that yellow joist in the corner be replaced with something more substantial to carry the weight of every corner slab over the height of the building, or will each corner slab be supported by that the supercolumns somehow?
Click on the project link at the top of the page and peruse the renders. You will find your answer.
Hint: This trick works for other projects on this website as well. 😉

Where's the main staging area for this project? Doesn't look like it's on Bloor or Yonge and the entire construction site looks to be occupied by the actual building.

Where's the main staging area for this project? Doesn't look like it's on Bloor or Yonge and the entire construction site looks to be occupied by the actual building.
I thought it was going to be the portion of the podium that will eventually be the pool, where they are just now doing a pour.

Could be wrong though.

It has appeared to me to be anywhere that they find a few square feet that can be avoided being built on for a couple of days.

Earlier this afternoon:

IMG_2746.jpg
IMG_2747.jpg
IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2749.jpg
IMG_2750.jpg
IMG_2751.jpg

There was an anti-vax anti-mask anti-lockdown march (with some equating vaccination, mask-wearing, and lockdown with "communism," which I find completely absurd). You can tell given that very few wore masks.

I strongly dissociate myself with them. I personally believe in sound medical practices (and I am double-vaccinated and wore a mask).

It must’ve been the same group that demonstrated last weekend down Yonge street. Though I believe in free speech and right to demonstrate, these people were very aggressive, shouting at police and bystanders and even banging on cars.

put them on a boat and send them to a dictatorship country. trust me they will never protest again in their lives.
Send them to Florida and make that become a dictatorship country led by none other than God Emperor Donald Trump. Current Florida Governor Ron DeSantis can be Trump's successor as God Emperor.

The Most Perfect Trumpian Empire of Florida, Literally Heaven on Earth would quickly collapse, but its inhabitants would blame everyone else but themselves for their demise as usual, when the collapse would actually be their own undoing.

Click on the project link at the top of the page and peruse the renders. You will find your answer.
Hint: This trick works for other projects on this website as well. 😉
That literally doesn't answer my question at all, but ok. I'll ask it again, in case anyone has real input rather than a pointless reply:

That literally doesn't answer my question at all, but ok. I'll ask it again, in case anyone has real input rather than a pointless reply:
But it does answer your question. As you see in the renderings, the yellow support column is temporary and the slab will be held up by the diagonal support columns connecting the corner of the slab to the vertical columns on either side.

But it does answer your question. As you see in the renderings, the yellow support column is temporary and the slab will be held up by the diagonal support columns connecting the corner of the slab to the vertical columns on either side.

The rendering didn't, but your explanation sort of does. I had assumed that was just a trim piece. It doesn't appear to be structural. Either way, what about the slab at the top of each section? That diagonal piece doesn't go out very far by that point.

Edit: In some of the renderings, there is a column at the corner. In other renderings, it's not there, so that doesn't help.

Last edited:
put them on a boat and send them to a dictatorship country. trust me they will never protest again in their lives.
This was exactly my thought about all the crazy lefties I encountered on campus, so it goes both ways ;)

Send them to Florida and make that become a dictatorship country led by none other than God Emperor Donald Trump. Current Florida Governor Ron DeSantis can be Trump's successor as God Emperor.

The Most Perfect Trumpian Empire of Florida, Literally Heaven on Earth would quickly collapse, but its inhabitants would blame everyone else but themselves for their demise as usual, when the collapse would actually be their own undoing.
Unnecessary!

Back