The rendering didn't, but your explanation sort of does. I had assumed that was just a trim piece. It doesn't appear to be structural. Either way, what about the slab at the top of each section? That diagonal piece doesn't go out very far by that point.

Edit: In some of the renderings, there is a column at the corner. In other renderings, it's not there, so that doesn't help.
If you look at the corner of the slab just above the post you can see the imbedded bracket attachment pieces on all the corners that the diagonal supports will attach. If you look at post 10,917 and look at the second photo you will also see the imbedded attachment brackets on the columns where the diagonal brackets will attach.
The missing corners of the slabs will be poured after the diagonal brackets are installed, you can also see on the photos that the edge of the concrete is keyed on every floor.
I looked at all the renderings and don't see any corner posts, the first renderings had all of the diagonal brackets coming to grade but that was changed as the design progressed.
Hope that the explanation helps.

I think some of the confusion may have arisen from some renderings, which I think are old, like this one:
6F5BC7B0-450B-4BC0-8BC0-992800808FF5.jpeg

Compared to this:

43CE9AD1-4680-40BB-BE94-D7D043474DA3.jpeg

The rendering didn't, but your explanation sort of does. I had assumed that was just a trim piece. It doesn't appear to be structural. Either way, what about the slab at the top of each section? That diagonal piece doesn't go out very far by that point.

Edit: In some of the renderings, there is a column at the corner. In other renderings, it's not there, so that doesn't help.
Although it's not apparent in all the renderings, I would guess there will be a column in the corner of each floor that carries the load down to the floor that is suspended by the diagonal structure.

Last edited:
Although it's not apparent in all the renderings, I would guess there will be a column in the corner of each floor that carries the load down to floor that is suspended by the diagonal structure.
There are no corner columns in this building, just the 8 Super columns. The corner diagonals are suspended from the super columns.

And they will support the corners of the two or three floors above them (depending on the section). I doubt they’re cantilevered.
There are no corner columns in this building, just the 8 Super columns. The corner diagonals are suspended from the super columns.

Actually, there are columns on the corners that tie in with the hanger supports. Here is a snippet from the architectural drawings of Level 7:
1637600053548.png

At this level, the hanger supports are around halfway between the super-columns and the corners, but as you can see, there is a small corner support column on all four corners (marked in blue) that provides the vertical support to the upper floors that is transferred to the hanger supports.

Actually, there are columns on the corners that tie in with the hanger supports. Here is a snippet from the architectural drawings of Level 7:
View attachment 364564
At this level, the hanger supports are around halfway between the super-columns and the corners, but as you can see, there is a small corner support column on all four corners (marked in blue) that provides the vertical support to the upper floors that is transferred to the hanger supports.
Thanks fanoftoronto!

Checked a bunch of corner unit floor plans (including penthouses) and all also show a small corner support column (inset from exterior glazing) which suggests there's been a bit of hyperbole about the exoskeleton yielding interior "glass to glass" corner views... unlike this rendering, glass might meet glass on the outside, but it certainly seems there will actually be a vertical column gracing the corner of the suites (so I want my downpayment back).

31050-106838.jpeg

UT

Example (bottom left)
TheOne-floor.jpg

https://onebloorwest.com/floor-plans/

View attachment 364564
I stand corrected...thank you. I did remember not seeing them in the render, but didn't do my due diligence in checking the plans.

Back