Forms for super columns going into place today.
E090EFEF-3A0D-4FE7-9803-8C90F2F5C1A8.jpeg
CB8321FC-AF05-4A34-BF03-71A6C90C954C.jpeg
96BE5F25-7B52-4EB7-B0CF-197C3239259D.jpeg

Not a chance they arent poured concrete.
The trench in the existing floor suggests to me a concrete pour with an intentional gap to allow for any movement from the tensioned diagonal members attached to the columns mitigating uncontrolled cracking. Are those studs or rebar on the columns? If studs suggests to me a steel edged perimeter. Of course I could be entirely wrong. Either way I'm very excited to see what develops. As for all the rebar on these floors I think it's more to do with controlling the tower base flexing with lateral loading than just bearing weight. Hey anyone working on the tower design please weight in!

Edit: Sorry I should not have said "gap", I meant seam. I've used a similar approach keying concrete and drilling holes with 3/8" rebar and epoxy with my pool deck after replacing pool to pump lines. Not a fun job.

Last edited:
And this is why construction is slow folks (not a slight just a reality)
The construction speed of this project is so sluggish I'm starting to think something shady is going on here. The cost to finance a project that takes this long to complete is astronomical! The longer it takes the more profit the original unit buyers make but the developer is paying massive amounts of interest on their land aquisition and construction costs. No project can sustain the interest costs associated with construction that takes 6,7, 8 or more years. Who knows what's going on under the table here. I say this with some experience as I work in industrial construction engineering in service to the private investment industry.

The construction speed of this project is so sluggish I'm starting to think something shady is going on here. The cost to finance a project that takes this long to complete is astronomical! The longer it takes the more profit the original unit buyers make but the developer is paying massive amounts of interest on their land aquisition and construction costs. No project can sustain the interest costs associated with construction that takes 6,7, 8 or more years. Who knows what's going on under the table here. I say this with some experience as I work in industrial construction engineering in service to the private investment industry.
Lots of words, but what exactly do you think is shady and under the table?

Lots of words, but what exactly do you think is shady and under the table?
Like I said, the cost to finance a project that takes this many years to complete are exceptionally high. Almost always to the degree that the project is a failure. The return on investment you have to offer a lender on a project with a payback period of 6,7 or 8 years (at this rate of construction) has to be so high the project would never return a profit to the developer (and this ain't no hugely capitalized developer to boot). Hence, I'm highly suspicious of this project. Often when things don't appear to add up, that's because they don't. Personally I've never seen a project that returns a satisfactory rate of return when payback periods excced 3.5 years, but real estate is a little lower risk than I deal with so lets push real estate to 4.5-5 years. After that you've got an 'ugly baby' no matter how you spin it. Hope that better explains why I think something crocked is going on here.

PS. I'd also appreciate it if you kept the disparaging comments to yourself. There is no need to personalize with comments like 'lots of words'.

Last edited:
Like I said, the cost to finance a project that takes this many years to complete are exceptionally high. Almost always to the degree that the project is a failure. The return on investment you have to offer a lender on a project with a payback period of 6,7 or 8 years (at this rate of construction) has to be so high the project would never return a profit to the developer (and this ain't no hugely capitalized developer to boot). Hence, I'm highly suspicious of this project. Often when things don't appear to add up, that's because they don't. Personally I've never seen a project that returns a satisfactory rate of return when payback periods excced 3.5 years, but real estate is a little lower risk than I deal with so lets push real estate to 4.5-5 years. After that you've got an 'ugly baby' no matter how you spin it. Hope that better explains why I think something crocked is going on here.

PS. I'd also appreciate it if you kept the disparaging comments to yourself. There is no need to personalize with comments like 'lots of words'.
Thank you for sharing your expertise. I did not mean to be disparaging, but apologies nonetheless. And I don’t believe it’s fair to characterize the project and developer as shady just because you don’t see a path to profitability.

Last edited:

In other words, you have no evidence of this outside of rampart speculation.

Back