I saw those as well. I'm no structural engineer, but those look way too small to be the final diagonals. Will they be adding to what's in place already, or are those temporary?

I saw those as well. I'm no structural engineer, but those look way too small to be the final diagonals. Will they be adding to what's in place already, or are those temporary?
It is a pure tension load of 5 floors only about 100 sqft per floor maybe total weight of 100,000lbs which is nothing.

803B7431-1A1D-4344-9D68-E638AA26971E.jpeg
667B1A0E-372E-4AEF-97A2-A2D71A7801E9.jpeg
48D6BC2E-88DB-4655-B337-B3A62B4B3D39.jpeg
120A0D55-8BFA-4884-9274-E47A1C1286B5.jpeg
4D0089EA-79BE-409A-B497-AA35F035E425.jpeg

Last edited:
To add, yes they are skinnier than I imagined they would be....as I was thinking full on I-beams. But I suspect they will be thickened up with concrete and such in their final fruition to what we're seeing in the renders.

...further more, since they are not a continuous beams and seem to be broken up by floor, I'll take permanent for $500, Alex.

This thread was started over a decade ago

Did the Egyptian pyramids take this long to build?

And we're at what? The fourth floor? Fifth? Since this building is finally above ground things will really speed up but can anyone concisely explain why this project has taken so long?

Last edited:
To add, yes they are skinnier than I imagined they would be....as I was thinking full on I-beams. But I suspect they will be thickened up with concrete and such in their final fruition to what we're seeing in the renders.

...further more, since they are not a continuous beams and seem to be broken up by floor, I'll take permanent for $500, Alex.
I highly doubt they will receive concrete, there is no need for it. this is 100% tension load. Think of it like a cable stay bridge.

This thread was started over a decade ago

Did the Egyptian pyramids take this long to build?

And we're at what? The fourth floor? Fifth? Since this building is finally above ground things will really speed up but can anyone concisely explain why this project has taken so long?
The same question is asked by someone every couple of pages. They are working on the sixth level. It's been four years since excavation started.
Read through the posts and all your questions will be answered. :)

I highly doubt they will receive concrete, there is no need for it. this is 100% tension load. Think of it like a cable stay bridge.
I get that. But they'll still need materials to pad it up as per renders...as this one of the signature aesthetics of the this building. And not of a strengthening one. Though admittedly, I should of said something else other than concrete for that. >.<

I get that. But they'll still need materials to pad it up as per renders...as this one of the signature aesthetics of the this building. And not of a strengthening one. Though admittedly, I should of said something else other than concrete for that. >.<
it will be fire proofing like the retail space diagonal columns, and then cladding... they dont just make molds and pour in situ concrete for no reason.

it will be fire proofing like the retail space diagonal columns, and then cladding... they dont just make molds and pour in situ concrete for no reason.
I can also speculate they wouldn't likely want to add something that creates needless weight unless they had a practical reason for doing so...thus my brain shouldn't of defaulted to concrete to begin with, since the strengthening part has clearly been taken care of. So my bad again.

Edit/PS: Er...that's not that famed mezzanine thing, is it @PMT ? 🙀

Back