Any word yet (or whispers) on what hotel brand will be opening here?
we already have a front page story on that!

Separate.

Has to do with the construction of the interior works for the hotel portion. All the fun stuff.

Tried to search on my own but came up empty... so hoping the experts here can shed some more light on this...
i know during the last hearing, the city was not hot on the variance request... but have they officially rendered a decision yet? and has mizrahi appealed the decision to the newfangled OLT yet?

Tried to search on my own but came up empty... so hoping the experts here can shed some more light on this...
i know during the last hearing, the city was not hot on the variance request... but have they officially rendered a decision yet? and has mizrahi appealed the decision to the newfangled OLT yet?

You can see where the City lists the process as being:

1642722252633.png

Here's the link for that: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=WeDvkpX+8RCk+V1DT6idBw==

There does not appear to be any action on the file since February 24th.

That would normally be indicative of an appeal to the OLT; however there is no notation on file to that effect.

Sometimes things do sit in process a long while; but given that the Councillor is rigidly opposed, this will almost certainly be turned down.

That being the case, an if Sam is serious, an appeal would be the likely course of action.

Unfortunately, if any appeal were filed after June 1st 2021, we would have no way of knowing (without formally inquiring), since the OLT isn't bothering to update their website with new applications.

I don't see any E-Status link at the OLT site related to the additional 9 storeys.

There is one closed matter; and one related to cash-in-lieu still open.

What you can do is contact the planner on the file, and ask.

1642722807695.png

First the well and now here, wow. At least it's on the top so there really shouldn't be any damage to the existing structure.

Back