I was hoping the concrete pour would block the idiotic ‘freedom’ protests from parading down Bloor today but alas.
They’re out in full force.
8FD53280-1015-4599-8BFD-BB28F9C7C051.jpeg
496CA69F-65B4-45C3-B931-23F25686C352.jpeg
84501962-3E41-448E-8100-12EFE10D5AA1.jpeg

Attachments

• CFA867EA-1982-415C-B072-6809AC079826.jpeg
    CFA867EA-1982-415C-B072-6809AC079826.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 77
How disappointing. Was so looking forward to another big pour. Does anyone know what happens to the mixed cement in a case like this (assuming it was already mixed) . I'm guessing that the order for the cement was placed long ago so, if already mixed, does the cement have to be dumped? If so where would it be dumped? I assume it's a very expensive waste of concrete.

How disappointing. Was so looking forward to another big pour. Does anyone know what happens to the mixed cement in a case like this (assuming it was already mixed) . I'm guessing that the order for the cement was placed long ago so, if already mixed, does the cement have to be dumped? If so where would it be dumped? I assume it's a very expensive waste of concrete.
The concrete does not get mixed the day before, the order was cancelled as soon as they saw that they would not be able to pour today.

Thanks for the replies. I gather that the concrete supplier has enough of the required ingredients on hand to meet a rush order provided there were enough trucks available. If, say, the trucks were already loaded when the fire started how long before the concrete sets before it ruins the truck? I've always wondered about that.

I was hoping the concrete pour would block the idiotic ‘freedom’ protests from parading down Bloor today but alas.
To be fair though, they probably would have gotten redirected around the closure. Although with their position they are protesting on, some of those might argue their rights to be ran over by cement trucks must be fully upheld... /sigh

Didn’t get to 759 pages just posting about a dang building. 😊
The unrelated subject matter that happens around and even on this building site have always being going on and likely continue to do so. The good thing is that they make just a fraction of the overall comment's as far as I am aware. And likely through good moderation and most folks who just want to talk what's going on with this project. Either way though and for good or bad, this thread never really gets boring, IMO. <3

...more on topic though, I do hope this fire incident doesn't create a prolonged delay for this project as it looked like it was about to pick up some steam.

It feels like when I was watching TV back in the day (that 'll give away my age if I harp on it too too much) where the analog reception was zoning out. "Snowstorm in Alaska" is what I was told it was refer to...

...but great overview pics as always, Mr. Benito! And despite the weather. /bows

Back