It's in Apple's best interests to look out for its own prospects. If Mizrahi really is in trouble, Apple's Plan B is to identify and target another location and take it from there. The One is definitely a prestigious address, but Apple doesn't have all its eggs in one basket and it's not doing itself any favors if it continues to tie itself to a (potentially) troubled project.

Having said that, I sincerely hope it works out and that Apple opens up a stunning flagship store here.
...and we seem to be saying the same thing. Just your post is a more explanatory. 😸

PwC is actively looking into Mizrahi's debt.

Jenny Coco has invested 30m equity + 90m loan in this project.

Jenny Coco funded Mizrahi's first deal when his fraudster business partner who stole millions of dollars from Iran got his assets frozen.

The debts from Mizrahi's initial projects have been unpaid for 10 years now.

It's not hard to make connections here.

I love Mizrahi as a person, but as an entrepreneur, he's been involved in a lot of shady stuff. Who would knowingly take money from someone that was convicted in a billion dollar banking fraud in Iran and use that money like nothing happened? Same thing happened with Dove Cleaners. Investors got burned. Mizrahi walked away.
One can connect all the dots that one wants, there is still no charges filled against Mizrahi and no mention of him or the One doing anything illegal, everything that has been filled at the Ontario Security Commission is against Bridging Finance and its directors which Mizrahi is not a director.
At this time it's all speculation. I am not defending anyone here just stating the facts that are available at this time.

Well good thing is tower is about to speed up construction with repeating floors, weather warming up, and less covid restrictions.

I think 2022 is the year when all the haters of Mizrahi will be put to rest as this building propels upwards and an Apple store is fitted out for an an opening next year

Well good thing is tower is about to speed up construction with repeating floors, weather warming up, and less covid restrictions.

I think 2022 is the year when all the haters of Mizrahi will be put to rest as this building propels upwards and an Apple store is fitted out for an an opening next year
I’d think they’d be aiming to open it this year given the urgency around this, no?

It’s shocking how naive this crowd is. Apple doesn’t want low end tenants as neighbors not to mention the seedy crowd that lurks around the intersection. They will pick up their gear and head west (maybe Manulife has space or the empty spots on the north side?) where they can get better space and parking and likely less rent and aggravation. Eataly is a wonderful location and a great neighbor but a completely street different vibe than here.

This project looks doomed based all the obvious factors but I guess we’ll see how it manages the headwinds.

It’s shocking how naive this crowd is. Apple doesn’t want low end tenants as neighbors not to mention the seedy crowd that lurks around the intersection. They will pick up their gear and head west (maybe Manulife has space or the empty spots on the north side?) where they can get better space and parking and likely less rent and aggravation. Eataly is a wonderful location and a great neighbor but a completely street different vibe than here.

This project looks doomed based all the obvious factors but I guess we’ll see how it manages the headwinds.
You have been saying since 2017 that this project is doomed, it's now 2022 and it's still being built, do you have a crystal ball ?

If the location is so terrible, where was Apple's head at when they originally scouted it and signed all the contracts? 🤔
Covid, punishing and unjustified restrictions etc hasn’t been kind to Yonge and Bloor or the city in general. It’s not terrible at all but it’s not high end which is what they want. And with all the controversy surrounding the project they probably got spooked. Great spot for a drugstore.

Apple is in Fairview Mall for goodness sakes (no disrespect to Fairview, but....). The idea that this location is surrounded by "low end tenants" is laughable.

That’s not a flagship store like 5th Avenue or SOHO.

Back