Welp...the current project has reached 8 floors I believe. Their current goal is 88 more floors...I guess you can do the math from there.
They can open the Apple store before the building is completed similar to what they did at Aura. Not typical, but can be done. Though the delays are obviously a way larger an issue to complete it than what was intended.
Going to be a messy one for sure.

Last edited:
(Using Globe and Mail as source, now reported in MacRumours)

I still think it's exceedingly unlikely Apple will actually walk away from this - getting such a large piece of ground floor, prime real estate is very hard to find!
They're looking for concession/financial saving, basically.

i don't think they're walking away either. i think they smell opportunity to get some money back.

I propose they get a big discount on the lease for this space, and with the huge savings, they gift all the top contributors on this thread Apple products! We all have a vested interest in this building having an Apple Store!

iPhone 13 Pros and Macbooks for EVERYBODY!!

I propose they get a big discount on the lease for this space, and with the huge savings, they gift all the top contributors on this thread Apple products! We all have a vested interest in this building having an Apple Store!

You trying to trigger the Fruitco haters? (;->D)

Pouring cement now.
CF500B91-C0C1-4AF0-BF56-030C2D3618A3.jpeg
232801AC-82B9-4DBF-9406-B851B6BD0888.jpeg
98E1A22D-0BA5-4A26-BC52-E82B0B04405F.jpeg
095EB11A-E524-4110-8EB0-127D8D931B61.jpeg
E58D2668-3E82-494E-B6DA-473F708F71EC.jpeg

...and all stuffed to the nines with M1 chips. 🙀

More seriously though, I really do hope that the FruitCo and MizrahaCo parties sit down and work this one out as well...as it's all in their best interests to do so.

Yay!

So 20 days for slab pour to slab pour for this level. By far the fastest yet, but needs to be a lot faster still to get this done any time soon. It is the first regular level, so I will give them some slack for getting in the swing of things.. hopefully the next floor is even less.
once you get to standard plates you don't disassemble the forms, they swing the whole form out and drop it in place, so it should speed up to 14 days slab to slab.

once you get to standard plates you don't disassemble the forms, they swing the whole form out and drop it in place, so it should speed up to 14 days slab to slab.
Are they doing that type here though? With 7-14 floors and then massive mechanical spaces, does that system still work well? Asking out loud.

Back