Two words: truck tax.
Sorry for the off topic, but man do people get triggered over the most random things.

edit: I could probably have worded this differently. What I meant to say is the false disinformation claim completely misses the OP's point and fails to address their concern/implied question.

Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic, but man do people get triggered over the most random things.
It's depending on what random things you mean. Are they offensive, off-topic, factually incorrect, said in bad faith and so on? One does not simply state things, random or otherwise and presumes it can be done without giving account for it...especially if it's off of what is generally understood. But I think you might know that already...

...more on topic though, with the truck tax thing, depending on the it's severity, may or may not have an effect on this project. But that is also likely true with any other construction based project on the go or planned. /shrug

edit: I could probably have worded this differently. What I meant to say is the false disinformation claim completely misses the OP's point and fails to address their concern/implied question.
The OP has legitimate concerns, but that doesn’t excuse false information. One can address both individually.

That's the thing, there was none. People are way too quick to throw around such spurious claims these days.

edit: for what it's worth, 8 of the 30 trades are supposed to have inked new contracts, so hopefully any major slowdowns are averted.

Looks like the strike shut everything down here.
5EEA3127-A415-4B7C-BA0F-18BAEB29553F.jpeg
017F6807-4D1F-4A55-A448-BA4B984A1FB0.jpeg

Really have to wonder how entrenched this latest wave of labour unrest will be in terms of its impact on construction projects around town. I feel for the people who have made downpayment on various builds.

I haven't paid attention in a very long time, but back in the day, trade strikes were merely a formality, with most of them settling right away. Occasionally, there'd be one or two holdouts. Projects would continue on as much as they could until the "absentees" returned. Have things changed?

I guess this was the "...individuals who are involved with high rise forming work," part of that article then...

Looks like the strike shut everything down here.
...as I also suspect That Fruit Company is probably going to have another conniption. /sigh

Last edited:
I haven't paid attention in a very long time, but back in the day, trade strikes were merely a formality, with most of them settling right away. Occasionally, there'd be one or two holdouts. Projects would continue on as much as they could until the "absentees" returned. Have things changed?
183 is a little different. They're a multi-trade union, and huge. It's one thing if the pipe fitters or electricians or whoever walks, but 183 is a different story.

I've heard to expect at least a two week strike, if not longer

Back