Inside footage from Mizrahi.

The height of the tower and looking continuously at overhead shots from over 100m gives the impression that the floor plates are tiny but this video shows how huge each floor is.

66341BF6-E3A8-4983-94D1-253C3F05ABED.jpeg
995E4712-CF89-4BED-B61B-0C643EB043F2.jpeg
1843347C-26E2-494A-856F-12DB7323C74C.jpeg
ABD57169-0C94-48FE-9902-3F2F39AAB80F.jpeg

I took a drive down there today and I don't know if my eyes were playing an optical illusion, but the height of the building now didn't seem that much shorter then the CIBC across the street on the north side of Bloor. (At least from my vantage point which was looking up through my sunroof on Yonge) If that's the case, man this thing is going look tall. Praying for the height increase. You can really start to feel the buildings presence in the area.

I took a drive down there today and I don't know if my eyes were playing an optical illusion, but the height of the building now didn't seem that much shorter then the CIBC across the street on the north side of Bloor. (At least from my vantage point which was looking up through my sunroof on Yonge) If that's the case, man this thing is going look tall. Praying for the height increase. You can really start to feel the buildings presence in the area.

We'll wait for @Contra to make their amazing progress illustrations, but till then, here's where we're at right now. I believe from the overhead pictures, we're done with 3 of the hotel levels, bringing us to 44.81m per the drawing. We've currently poured the floor for Level 10.

1654359342073.png

We'd have to get to Level 43 in order to beat the CIBC building across the street. For reference, it's 4 levels above the 2nd mechanical section of the building.

Recent interview with Sam Mizrahi (dated June 1, 2022). Based on this recent description of the project, it looks like Sam is confident that the 94 storey version will go ahead.

"The One Residences at Yonge and Bloor in midtown Toronto is the most documented, complex and notable building to be developed in the city in two generations. It will, at 338 metres (more than 1,000 feet) and 94 storeys high, be the tallest building ever built in Canada and the country’s first “super-tall building.” But, more than that, it will be a symbol of Toronto’s coming of age as a world-class global city, thanks to the vision and determination of Sam Mizrahi, who was born in Tehran, Iran, and moved to Toronto at the age of six with a love of architecture and design."

Q: Can you speak to some of the challenges you’ve faced?
A: Which ones? There are so many. I mean, every time you do a project to this gravity, there’s going to be challenges. Everything from acquiring the site and actually assembling the site was a challenge because you had over 14 private assemblies to a site that was not for sale, to the zoning, to the approvals, to the financial engineering of a project of this magnitude. The One is approximately now $1.5 billion, and, for a single tower, it’s never been done before in Canada. There were many aspects of it that were incredible challenges, and those incredible challenges are what made it successful. There is no success of magnitude that does not come with extreme challenges. I think if you don’t have challenges, the magnitude of success is equal to those challenges and so, in a way, I’m happy I had the challenges because it allowed the building to be what it is.

Read the full interview at: https://dolcemag.com/successstories/sam-mizrahi-the-one-tallest-building-canada/43994

Recent interview with Sam Mizrahi (dated June 1, 2022). Based on this recent description of the project, it looks like Sam is confident that the 94 storey version will go ahead.

"The One Residences at Yonge and Bloor in midtown Toronto is the most documented, complex and notable building to be developed in the city in two generations. It will, at 338 metres (more than 1,000 feet) and 94 storeys high, be the tallest building ever built in Canada and the country’s first “super-tall building.” But, more than that, it will be a symbol of Toronto’s coming of age as a world-class global city, thanks to the vision and determination of Sam Mizrahi, who was born in Tehran, Iran, and moved to Toronto at the age of six with a love of architecture and design."

Q: Can you speak to some of the challenges you’ve faced?
A: Which ones? There are so many. I mean, every time you do a project to this gravity, there’s going to be challenges. Everything from acquiring the site and actually assembling the site was a challenge because you had over 14 private assemblies to a site that was not for sale, to the zoning, to the approvals, to the financial engineering of a project of this magnitude. The One is approximately now $1.5 billion, and, for a single tower, it’s never been done before in Canada. There were many aspects of it that were incredible challenges, and those incredible challenges are what made it successful. There is no success of magnitude that does not come with extreme challenges. I think if you don’t have challenges, the magnitude of success is equal to those challenges and so, in a way, I’m happy I had the challenges because it allowed the building to be what it is.

Read the full interview at: https://dolcemag.com/successstories/sam-mizrahi-the-one-tallest-building-canada/43994

Wow! $1.5 billion for The One. For reference, there are 505 residential units in the 94 storey version of the building. Taking into account that the Andaz Hotel with it's 160 rooms and the main floor "Fruit Co" retail is going to be paying for a good amount of the $1.5 billion, we'd still be looking at an average selling price of $1.5 mill to $2 mill on each of the condo units to breakeven.

Do we have any indication of how much the units are being sold for?

Wow! $1.5 billion for The One. For reference, there are 505 residential units in the 94 storey version of the building. Taking into account that the Andaz Hotel with it's 160 rooms and the main floor "Fruit Co" retail is going to be paying for a good amount of the $1.5 billion, we'd still be looking at an average selling price of $1.5 mill to $2 mill on each of the condo units to breakeven.

According to online sources, the cheapest available unit (2bd) is listed at ~ 3.1m. The cheapest 2bd unit sold was ~ 1.6m. Only smallish 1bd units were available at < 1m. An educated guess would be that the avg selling price is > 2m.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm pretty sure that when I first heard about this project, it was said to cost about $1 billion to build.

I believe the units that are available are selling for $3k and up.

I believe the units that are available are selling for $3k and up.

Only $3,000! I had no idea there was a fire sale going on.....Let me get my VISA card and put me down for a floor's worth!

Last edited:

Back