Question: Assuming it were possible to pour a slab per week (or faster), what is the minimum time required for concrete to dry before starting on the next storey or pouring the next slab?

Question: Assuming it were possible to pour a slab per week (or faster), what is the minimum time required for concrete to dry before starting on the next storey or pouring the next slab?
In other buildings, I have seen them erecting the forms and rebar for the walls the morning after a floor slab has been poured the night before.

Although it takes many days for concrete to fully cure, I think it is safe to start working on a poured slab less than 12 hours later. The forms supporting the slab or other temporary supports underneath it would usually stay on for few more weeks.

July 6, 2022:

IMG_5263.jpeg
IMG_5264.jpeg
IMG_5265.jpeg
IMG_5272.jpeg
IMG_5273.jpeg
IMG_5274.jpeg

Photos taken July 7th, 2022:

DSC08438.JPG

DSC08439.JPG

DSC08440.JPG

DSC08441.JPG

DSC08442.JPG

Now a peek-a-boo shot from Yorkville Avenue:

DSC08460.JPG

We'll wrap up with a picture from Balmuto that I like as a marker for how much of the view of 1 Bloor East gets erased over time:

DSC08522.JPG

Whats the plan for the side of the heritage building? Looks rough right now. Clean in place or disassemble and reassemble the brick facade?

Whats the plan for the side of the heritage building? Looks rough right now. Clean in place or disassemble and reassemble the brick facade?

They’re going to paint a vintage style billboard for the Brass Rail, something that will maintain the upscale character of the street…

Last edited:

Back