FCC40ABB-B254-4FA2-9FAD-3CBA9500531C.jpeg

Did the CoA hearing for the increased height go through? I completely lost track of that one.

The AIC lists it as 'Under Review'

Edit to Add: Since PE made me look.............there are new Docs.

Hold......Review pending, LOL

From the Cover Letter, dated Aug 8/22:

Background

On December 18, 2020, the original application for Zoning By-law Amendment was filed to allow for an
increase in the total building height in order to facilitate the addition of 9 residential storeys to the residential
tower.
A Community Meeting was held on October 6, 2021. On January 21, 2022, comments were received from
Development Engineering. Further comments were also received through the subsequent review process,
including comments from Planning and Urban Design staff. On March 17, 2022 we filed on behalf of our
client, responses to the various comments provided by Development Engineering, dated January 21, 2022,
and informal comments received from Planning and Urban Design.
Further comments were received from Development Engineering, dated May 24, 2022 which were provided
to us on June 9, 2022. This 2nd resubmission is being filed in response to these most recent comments

New Arch Submissions were also made Aug 8/22

Edit to Add: the Arch. Doc. Took a moment, it was a pain to screenshot and then had to be rotated, as sideways building diagrams are hard on the neck.

1663618483008.png

Last edited:
also, I believe the next level (15) will be the last of the regular height hotel floors. Level 16 will have taller ceilings (~4.2m instead of the standard 3m) to transition to the mechanical level.

In other words, get ready for this to slow down again as they do the mechanical levels. My guess is they are starting on the mechanical levels by the middle of October.

also, I believe the next level (15) will be the last of the regular height hotel floors. Level 16 will have taller ceilings (~4.2m instead of the standard 3m) to transition to the mechanical level.

In other words, get ready for this to slow down again as they do the mechanical levels. My guess is they are starting on the mechanical levels by the middle of October.
Perhaps but you can notice that the internal core wall forms and column forms are much taller/higher than the current floor heights so they might have taken that into account and the only difference would be the height of the rebar cages they need.

The amount of rebar on this thing is unreal.
It's rare that we get shots of a building from above like this, we're quite fortunate. That being said, it's your belief that has more rebar in the floor than you'd see in an average residential building? That would be (one of the reasons) why this one is slower than others?

Back