Feel like we're all waiting for that moneyshot of the first piece of cladding—who will win the ultimate UT prize!
Cladding seems to be up! Tts just hidden on the inside side of the tower. Spotted it in person yesterday. Here it is in @Red Mars 's photo

8442D0EF-ACB1-4028-9CD7-3A7CECE333F1_1_201_a.jpeg

(this is a joke, don't @ me)
Well, I'll try not to...but this did get me thinking. That is, while I'm not going to base this on any of the renderings...rather the actuals from this article I deep dived into the UT memory lane to get:..

...so this is how it should come together in the finishings. And that's not what's really going up there now...or at least in appearances. But I say appearances, as I am not sure that's all what's going up there to be said and done - this is not Madison we're dealing with here, or least I hope not. Rather there are what appears to be places to attach vestiges to coincide with least the diagrids from the photos above...as I suspect there will also be with the corners as well. We shall see! 😸

(Don't @ me either, I'm just observing! >.<)

Last edited:
More photos from today. I have an album of some 300 shots of the project, new photos added more or less weekly since October 2020.

I'll likely add the latest "time lapse" photo tomorrow.
UTIMG_3893.jpg
UTIMG_3907.jpg
UTIMG_3926.jpg
UTIMG_3997.jpg
UTIMG_4022.jpg

Well, I'll try not to...but this did get me thinking. That is, while I'm not going to base this on any of the renderings...rather the actuals from this article I deep dived into the UT memory lane to get:..

...so this is how it should come together in the finishings. And that's not what's really going up there now...or at least in appearances. But I say appearances, as I am not sure that's all what's going up there to be said and done - this is not Madison we're dealing with here, or least I hope not. Rather there are what appears to be places to attach vestiges to coincide with least the diagrids from the photos above...as I suspect there will also be with the corners as well. We shall see! 😸

Yep, that corrugated cladding above the glass wasn't included in the mockup, but it's all over the rendering (between most of the floors). Heres hoping it turns out like the examples in your link! :)

I think there’s a chance what we’re seeing is exactly what was previewed. In the second photo the upper part of the glass is inset deeper, I imagine the metal cladding goes overtop that. The section of the glass that covers the diagonal beam also looks unfinished on the outside, and I imagine cladding will also overlay that.

Back