Not quite as vibrant in colour as I hoped but it will be awesome regardless
IMG_1726.jpeg
IMG_1727.jpeg

This is one of few new buildings made of glass where I can honestly say I don't mind the glass in any capacity at all because it's nice and dark. For example I really love 160 Front, but because it's all glass it gets lost a bit in a city filled with glass skyscrapers. It wouldn't be as bad if we had a lot more old school skyscrapers like First Canadian Place and Scotia Plaza, but we just don't have enough of those to offset all the new glass buildings. You darken the glass like they've done here and it makes a huge difference IMO.

Photos taken today, Friday (April 7). A few more than usual as construction takes on a new phase with the cladding. It's becoming clear that the intersection of Bloor and Yonge will be bathed in warm light when it is clear skies - a lot of building reflections and ambient light there. The colour of the cladding will likely not appear as warm from the south, where there will be little reflected light, and on overcast days. Bottom line, changing colours here - and we may get some very spectacular sunrise/sunset photos!

Latest "time-lapse" photo added to my Flickr album Oct 2020-Apr 2023:

UTIMG_0473.jpg
UTIMG_0480.jpg
UTIMG_0396.jpg
UTIMG_0294.jpg
UTIMG_0304.jpg
UTIMG_0344.jpg
UTIMG_0337.jpg
UTIMG_0310.jpg

UTIMG_0264.jpg
UTIMG_0441.jpg
UTIMG_0500.jpg

Last edited:
Photos taken today, Friday (April 7). A few more than usual as construction takes on a new phase with the cladding. It's becoming clear that the intersection of Bloor and Yonge will be bathed in warm light when it is clear skies - a lot of building reflections and ambient light there. The colour of the cladding will likely not appear as warm from the south, where there will be little reflected light, and on overcast days. Bottom line, changing colours here - and we may get some very spectacular sunrise/sunset photos!

Latest "time-lapse" photo added to my Flickr album Oct 2020-Apr 2023:

View attachment 467322View attachment 467321View attachment 467324View attachment 467329View attachment 467328View attachment 467325View attachment 467326View attachment 467327
View attachment 467319View attachment 467323View attachment 467320

Curious to see whether the corner pieces will still spotlights! Love to see this beauty lit up at night

I can't believe how rich this building looks in the photos up above! Now that you can see the trim work. This building has soul to it with solid looking cladding and real rich dark glazed windows not seen here since the Scotia Tower days lol in my book lol!

I know this is dumb but I recently fathomed that this building doesn't have balconies. This threw me off since I'd assume that's something residents would want, but I have never stepped foot onto my balcony in the 4 years I've lived in the city so I guess it's fair. My question is do none of these windows open at all? They don't look like they do. Is that not a dealbreaker for a lot of people? ie. cracking a window in the summer instead of turning on the AC to save on energy costs.

I know this is dumb but I recently fathomed that this building doesn't have balconies. This threw me off since I'd assume that's something residents would want, but I have never stepped foot onto my balcony in the 4 years I've lived in the city so I guess it's fair. My question is do none of these windows open at all? They don't look like they do. Is that not a dealbreaker for a lot of people? ie. cracking a window in the summer instead of turning on the AC to save on energy costs.
That‘s a good question: it‘s a shame that few people use their balconies often. However, to your last point, I am assuming that people who can afford to live in this building aren‘t the kinds of folks who „need to“ save money on something like utility bills.

That‘s a good question: it‘s a shame that few people use their balconies often. However, to your last point, I am assuming that people who can afford to live in this building aren‘t the kinds of folks who „need to“ save money on something like utility bills.
It does have many vents.

Somehow I've had a balcony for a single year out of the more than 35 I have lived in Toronto. When I lived on a high floor for 10 years, I discovered that you actually tend to get more noise the higher you are. Just leaving the window open was unpleasant.

Back