Photos taken today, Sunday (April 16). A big day as the first rail climbing system truss was installed, and (as seen in thaivic's post above) the first suspended working platform of, I believe, six for the north side. The skin will be added to the building behind all this and the rail climbing system will inch up revealing the completed windows and cladding as the construction progresses.

Most of these photos are of the specially designed truss, assembled by a bridge crew, which I am told is unique to this project - nothing else like it in the world.

The sequence here starts with the final piece being attached to the four-section truss, then hoisted up over the staging area on Yonge Street and swung over to Bloor Street, as police redirect passersby and traffic. Then it is brought up to the attachment points on the brackets installed yesterday. The truss is not yet attached in this series - but you can see the completed product in thaivic's post above. The final photo shows the first draping work area trucked to the staging area on Yonge Street to be attached to a yellow steel form, and that piece is what we see in thaivic's post being hoisted to position hanging from the truss. The plan is to get the north side completed next weekend, then move to the east and west sides, two weeks each, on subsequent weekends. A different system will be employed on the south side because of the crane.

UTIMG_1842.jpg
UTIMG_1990.jpg
UTIMG_2001.jpg
UTIMG_2005a.jpg
UTIMG_2104.jpg
UTIMG_2158.jpg
UTIMG_2190.jpg
UTIMG_2201.jpg
UTIMG_2256.jpg
UTIMG_2336.jpg
UTIMG_2193.jpg

Attachments

• UTIMG_2005.jpg
    UTIMG_2005.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Photos taken today, Sunday (April 16). A big day as the first rail climbing system truss was installed, and (as seen in thaivic's post above) the first suspended working platform of, I believe, six for the north side. The skin will be added to the building behind all this and the rail climbing system will inch up revealing the completed windows and cladding as the construction progresses.

Most of these photos are of the specially designed truss, assembled by a bridge crew, which I am told is unique to this project - nothing else like it in the world.

The sequence here starts with the final piece being attached to the four-section truss, then hoisted up over the staging area on Yonge Street and swung over to Bloor Street, as police redirect passersby and traffic. Then it is brought up to the attachment points on the brackets installed yesterday. The truss is not yet attached in this series - but you can see the completed product in thaivic's post above. The final photo shows the first draping work area trucked to the staging area on Yonge Street to be attached to a yellow steel form, and that piece is what we see in thaivic's post being hoisted to position hanging from the truss. The plan is to get the north side completed next weekend, then move to the east and west sides, two weeks each, on subsequent weekends. A different system will be employed on the south side because of the crane.

View attachment 469819View attachment 469829View attachment 469828View attachment 469889View attachment 469826View attachment 469825View attachment 469824View attachment 469822View attachment 469821View attachment 469820View attachment 469823
Wow! everything about this project just seems so intense and complicated compared to any other condo in the city. It’s exciting to see

pardon me if it's been discussed already, but when is the height increase on The One up for approval?
It was rejected and currently being appealed by the proprietor as far as I am aware. As to the exact dates of that hearing I am not really sure.

It was rejected and currently being appealed by the proprietor as far as I am aware. As to the exact dates of that hearing I am not really sure.

pardon me if it's been discussed already, but when is the height increase on The One up for approval?

Case Management Conference scheduled for May 12. This is likely still a while from resolution.

The CMC will likely be used to identify issues and set a schedule for the hearing with deadlines for the submission of documents, in the case that it proceeds to a contested hearing without a settlement. Contested hearings have become quite rare in the last 4 or 5 years, so we will have to see if they can reach a settlement beforehand of some kind.

Back