Or you can buy a condo in downtown near a new development, and post daily updates! That way you get posts and a high reaction score!

Like @Benito ! Or @thaivic ! Or @BloorMan
I'd love to, (born and raised in TO) but unfortunately I've been living in Los Angeles for the past 7 years and this is my gateway to all the changes in Toronto. I swear, if it weren't for UT, every time I come back to visit my family I wouldn't recognize anything. It's truly amazing.

Today.
IMG_5040D.jpeg
IMG_5041D.jpeg
IMG_5042D.jpeg
IMG_5043D.jpeg
IMG_5044D.jpeg
IMG_5045D.jpeg
IMG_5046D.jpeg

Here is another "where can I see The One from now" shot... Just barely! Taken yesterday, Wednesday (May 31), From the Wallace bridge, which is at Dundas north of Bloor, you can see the blue scaffolding just starting to peek out near the base of 1 Bloor E, the crane plainly visible....

AND.... two shots I just dug up, taken April 25, 2015, after Stollery's, the previous occupant of the site, had been torn down! (Demolition started, with much controversy, in January 2015.) TBT!

UTIMG_7378.jpg

UTIMG_2139.jpg
UTIMG_2148.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another "where can I see The One from now" shot... Just barely! Taken yesterday, Wednesday (May 31), From the Wallace bridge, which is at Dundas north of Bloor, you can see the blue scaffolding just starting to peek out near the base of 1 Bloor E, the crane plainly visible....

AND.... two shots I just dug up, taken April 25, 2015, after Stollery's, the previous occupant of the site, had been torn down! (Demolition started, with much controversy, in January 2015.) TBT!

View attachment 482126

View attachment 482127View attachment 482128

Without the blue scaffolding, it would be very hard to spot The One. But by the end of the year, it should be a lot more visible.

So what’s the delay in adding more cladding? It has been a few weeks with seemingly no visual progress on the glazing.

Last edited:
So what’s the delay in adding more cladding? It has been a few weeks with seamlessly no visual progress on the glazing.

As can be seen from the photos above, cladding work can’t continue till the construction of the protective/work platform is done. This requires street closures and other logistical issues that have to be scheduled. See the post #14799 for dates when the will likely do this.

The race is on to reach past Mr/ Benito's perch. First the tower structure, then the corners and now the cladding...

...with all respective workers waving "bub-bye" as they fly up past said perch. <3

Back