Kotsy: Yeah, inverted, layered turds featurig right angles and mathematical precision - just another run of the mill turd fersure.

We're not, but it's the internet. Threads go sideways before being yanked back on topic. Do you like the Cumberland project, LNahid2000?

Yeah i guess, it'll i be something around 288-292 meters:D , seems like this city cant vision anything over 1000ft
Melbourne which we are compared to a lot has no problem, with 4-5 bldgs. proposed or under construction

Agree. 300m is rather 1978. That said, even 10 years ago I'd have been excited at a 300m+ building. With 300m+ buildings going up all over the world, it's really about 400m+ buildings these days.

I do as well... I think that a variety of buildings representing all the different architectural styles this city has is a lot more attractive then replacing all with the modern glass of today, adds texture and is interesting visually to someone walking around.

I agree as well. The old Sears building is one of the best buildings in the city and I detour to Jarvis just to walk passed it sometimes. The rush to make everything look current by incorporating glass is worrisome. Some people appreciate/value a very narrow band of architecture. If it falls outside that aesthetic they think it's garbage. If the whole city looked like Spire, I'd slip into a coma.

We're not, but it's the internet. Threads go sideways before being yanked back on topic.

Grandpa Joe: It's an elevator.
Willy Wonka: No, it's a Wonkavator. An elevator can only go up and down, but the Wonkavator can go sideways, and slantways, and longways, and backways...
Charlie Bucket: And frontways?
Willy Wonka: ...and squareways, and front ways, and any other ways that you can think of.

Agree. 300m is rather 1978. That said, even 10 years ago I'd have been excited at a 300m+ building. With 300m+ buildings going up all over the world, it's really about 400m+ buildings these days.

My freind, At least let us get a 300m+ first.

Please don't crush the dreams of the Toronto SUPEEEERTAAAAAL fanboys. They've been waiting for their own supertall since FCP.

Last edited:
Kotsy: Yeah, inverted, layered turds featurig right angles and mathematical precision - just another run of the mill turd fersure.

You must not think very highly of the University of Toronto Peacock Library.

Robarts_Library.JPG

Actually, I was more commenting on how right-angled anything, inverted or not, is unlike, well, a turd.

Back