Today evidently they are working on site.
661B339D-7E47-4263-8AD6-0FC5EF149609.jpeg

According to realtors on IG, the estimated completion is set for 2027:

Let's add 3 units per floor and take away two elevators. Great stuff Pemberton...
This is just getting comical. How do they expect residents to do day to day things without waiting 10-15 mins for an elevator, for things like I dont know: moving into and out of the building, going to work, doing groceries, going to school etc...

The fact that the province is allowing for BS like this to slide is infuriating. There really needs to be a mandated minimum number of elevators for new builds.

Funny thing is, we were finally making some traction on this before the 2018 Provincial Election after years of foot dragging, and then of course Doug Ford graced us with his presence and screwed everything up. This is not to excuse the previous Liberal government, who had a majority and coulvdve overhauled everything at the flip of a light switch but chose to delay and stall instead:

This is just getting comical. How do they expect residents to do day to day things without waiting 10-15 mins for an elevator, for things like I dont know: moving into and out of the building, going to work, doing groceries, going to school etc...

The fact that the province is allowing for BS like this to slide is infuriating. There really needs to be a mandated minimum number of elevators for new builds.
And a dedicated elevator for moving, contractors and service personnel.

One of the biggest issue this same developer has with U Condos is the elevators. I know several people who moved out because of how painful it was to get one. Especially when one of them had a technical issue that wasn't resolved for months, and another gets used for moving.

It was/still is such a serious issue tarnishing that development, it is shocking that the city allows for that and that Pemberton think it's ok to go through with this in the same manner.

Not justifying the excesses of 80's PoMo schlock here...but should this least give us hope that in 33 years the grey spandrel glass boxes being built today will be pulled down for hopefully better development?

Rule of thumb used to be 1 elevator / 100 units. Those days are long behind us.

Even that seems lower. In many older buildings it's much higher e.g. I know plenty of 18-25 story buildings with say ~ 150 units max and they all have 3 elevators so a lot closer to 50 units per elevator. Of course there are other factors (e.g. number of floors and elevator speed).

Back