Am I the only one who thinks a hundred stories is a little unrealistic? I mean, right there, would be a huge gap between the next building with the most amount of floors (aura at 75 floors)... I'd rather see 100 floors near the middle of the skyline (bay and college), or in the cbd. Where it fits in better in an area with higher density...

Something in the 85 to 90 storey range seems more appropriate,

100 storeys would be well above the next tallest nearby building currently under construction (One Bloor at 70 storeys), but don't forget the other rumoured project, twin 80 storey towers possibly at the SW corner of Yonge and Bloor. (I personally would prefer to see slightly different heights with the same total storey count for that project, for example 70 + 90 storeys.) Once this project is completed, if it does go forward, I would expect that it would not be out of place in the new, Chicago-like, Yorkville.

This is all pure speculation right now, anyways, since we have no real idea if this site (or any other) is slated for a 100 storey building. But it's fun to speculate.

100 storeys would be well above the next tallest nearby building currently under construction (One Bloor at 70 storeys), but don't forget the other rumoured project, twin 80 storey towers possibly at the SW corner of Yonge and Bloor. (I personally would prefer to see slightly different heights with the same total storey count for that project, for example 70 + 90 storeys.) Once this project is completed, if it does go forward, I would expect that it would not be out of place in the new, Chicago-like, Yorkville.

This is all pure speculation right now, anyways, since we have no real idea if this site (or any other) is slated for a 100 storey building. But it's fun to speculate.

interesting... and yes, i agree with you about height variations rather than twin towers. Twin towers are HORRIBLE for the skyline (not always, but sometimes when they are tall). Twin towers of the same height allow for a flat skyline. Not to mention, we have WAAAAAAAY too many identical looking (not necessarily in height: ROCP, Murano, MLS, Success, ICE, etc etc. i prefer standalone towers...
what's up with developers and two-tower projects?!?!

I believe super-tall skyscrapers (or ones that dominate), should be in an area with supporting density (the exceptions being iconic landmark towers like the CN tower, Burj Khalifa, etc...). EVEN THOUGH yorkville is building tall, it doesn't necessarily mean density. ex, the area around Four Seasons has plenty of low-rises, parking spaces, open spaces, etc... Bloor street to me, is basically the end of the "downtown downtown".

There is no rumoured twin storey tower at the South West corner of Yonge and Bloor. Nor is there any rumoured 100 storey tower.

Those were two tweets by one random twitter account.

If people read half the stuff written in this forum they'd have read an earlier discussion where people discussed how the Stollery family has no immediate intention of selling out.

100 storeys is way tall for this site. IMO. Genug.

IMO. Genug.

Genug? - Old English/Germanic for Enough!

Still, this is the most expensive deal this year per acre anyway. The only way this investment gets a proper rate of return is with a substantial building/tower so at least 60 floors, but 70 to 80 would not be out of the question.

Obviously something is happening here, the dollars if I'm right , $40,000,000 mean that it will be a massive development, with nowhere to go but up!

Yea the GTA bit was interesting ... this doesn't have to be in Toronto at all ... and no one is hinting to 100 floors.

I'm guessing it's a large development in Markham / Vaughan ... as in city place like (# of tower wise).

They didn't mention 100 storey in the tweets, that was just a guess. You never know though, 10 years ago I never would have guessed that the nicest condo building in the GTA would be in Mississauga - but it is.

i wouldn't call it the "nicest", but it probably is more like "the sexiest/most unique", lol!

There is no rumoured twin storey tower at the South West corner of Yonge and Bloor. Nor is there any rumoured 100 storey tower.

Those were two tweets by one random twitter account.

If people read half the stuff written in this forum they'd have read an earlier discussion where people discussed how the Stollery family has no immediate intention of selling out.

100 storeys is way tall for this site. IMO. Genug.

I would hardly call BBH a random twitter account, they are about as reliable for info regarding new construction as anyone on UT. They broke news today of one of the tallest towers coming to Lakeshore/Marine Parade (developed by Empire)

According to BBH, Will Alsop is rumored to be the architect behind it. Again it's speculation at this point, but the source is as credible as you'll find when it comes to GTA construction. Time will tell...

Last edited:

Back