Those tweets were by a twitter account called Blacktower TV which has about 120 followers...

I was also referencing the fact that someone earlier on in this thread spoke about a rumoured 80 storey twin tower on the Stollery site, even though

I think in general... and I know everyone here gets their hard on for a big tower... we should try and a) read what people write in other threads (the Stollery site being a good example - the Stollery family won't sell that site for a bit so as far as I'm concerned that 80 storey rumour for that site is a joke) and b) before we get all super excited about a 100 storey tower which was mentioned by one random twitter account calm down.

This was the original post: Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
Breaking news! 1 Bloor St W to be twin 80s towers, by Oxford Properties!
from http://twitter.com/#!/BlacktowerTV

BlacktowerTV is the same twitter account that randomly suggested one day that the old Gap at Yonge and dundas was going to become a condo...

Those tweets were by a twitter account called Blacktower TV which has about 120 followers...

I was also referencing the fact that someone earlier on in this thread spoke about a rumoured 80 storey twin tower on the Stollery site, even though

I think in general... and I know everyone here gets their hard on for a big tower... we should try and a) read what people write in other threads (the Stollery site being a good example - the Stollery family won't sell that site for a bit so as far as I'm concerned that 80 storey rumour for that site is a joke) and b) before we get all super excited about a 100 storey tower which was mentioned by one random twitter account calm down.

This was the original post: Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
Breaking news! 1 Bloor St W to be twin 80s towers, by Oxford Properties!
from http://twitter.com/#!/BlacktowerTV

BlacktowerTV is the same twitter account that randomly suggested one day that the old Gap at Yonge and dundas was going to become a condo...

I can confirm that there is truth to this, but the location is wrong- more....lets say just south of the cumberland terrace and just north of bloor :D

Would they rebuild holt or just demolish it? doesnt seem possible to build 2x 80s on top of existing retail....

btw, @blacktowertv was asked by a few people on twitter about this rumour, including by our own urbandreamer, and he is sticking with his story...the number of twitter followers he has or does not have is completely irrelevant; as he works in the industry, he'd be sticking his neck out, and risking his reputation, to make up stories, wouldn't he?.....so thank you azzo for your additional input....

/where there's smoke there's fire.....
//go big, or go home!!

Last edited:
azzo.....can you say where you happened to see this? :cool:

Very slightly off topic, I know.........

But since this is an active thread with folks who might be in the know....

Does anyone have a clear sense of what is going on w/Cumberland Terrace?

That proposal seems to have been left rotting on the vine.............and if there ever was a priority for the area, I would start with redeveloping that parcel.

Then (if anyone's asking); the parking garage, then the Hudson's Bay Centre.

While something better can always be done w/Holt's, I can't say re-doing it ranks as a priority, to me, for this 'hood.

Sounds like a revision or expansion to the Cumberland Terrace project, which has been silent for too long.

btw, @blacktowertv was asked by a few people on twitter about this rumour, including by our own urbandreamer, and he is sticking with his story...the number of twitter followers he has or does not have is completely irrelevant; as he works in the industry, he'd be sticking his neck out, and risking his reputation, to make up stories, wouldn't he?.....so thank you azzo for your additional input....

/where there's smoke there's fire.....
//go big, or go home!!

Its completely relevant. I could start a twitter account right now and say I've seen proposals for a new 90 story Manulife Skyscraper at Bloor and Church. Would you believe me? What credibility does one twitter account have? 100 storiess is twice as tall as the Four Seasons, which I think is GORGEOUS building, but lets be honest it is HUGE for the area.

As I've said before and I will say again - we as forumers I think need to be somewhat judicious in how we treat rumours. And to me - that 100 story tower is just that - a rumour.

Its completely relevant. I could start a twitter account right now and say I've seen proposals for a new 90 story Manulife Skyscraper at Bloor and Church. Would you believe me?

hmm, pw20, my point was, believability has more to do with who owns the twitter account, not the fact that someone has one...you are absolutely right, any school boy can create a twitter account and post wild fantasies, my point is that this person is an adult who works in the real estate industry - and he is posting with his own name in his twitter profile...that's all

I agree we need to be judicious in how we treat rumours, for sure...nobody is claiming anything to be fact just yet..

I'm gonna ask my HR source about this. I do know the HR here is not doing so well, and that the Weston's want to maximize their profits...so this could fit with their plans. Didn't the Weston's have a thing for crazy British architects?...

Would they rebuild holt or just demolish it? doesnt seem possible to build 2x 80s on top of existing retail....

You would have to demolish it as the foundation and existing structure would not support 1 80 tower let alone 2.

The current structure is out of place and needs to be replace. There is nothing stopping having Holt relocate temporary and move back here in new updated building.

Bring on new towers for Holt as well the parking garage. Parking needs to be underground for the parking garage and all building with zero to 25% parking space ratio for the number of residential/office units.

TTC doesn't stand for take the car, it is: Take the Cab, Take the Cadillac, Toronto Transit Crawlers.

It could very well be on the Holts property...a couple years ago Hariri Pontarini did a conceptual Mid-Town mixed-use study on that location with a 48 storey structure...i see no reason why they could not build 80s instead of the 48s for that location.

Cumberland_web0311.jpg

http://hariripontarini.com/projects/conceptual/4-mid-town-mixed-use-study

Back