drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Proposal is to add residential units above the existing commercial office building

Planning Meeting on 480 University Ave

Date: Wednesday May 30, 2012
Time: 7:30 - 9:00 pm
Location: Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St W, Committee Room 1

This is the building at the northwest corner of Dundas and University.

I've been in it once, seems in decent shape and its 95% occupied with about average rental rates for class B ... which tells you its not run down at all.

Having said that, its hard to picture residential units on top of this particular building !

Really crappy picture of building in question:
1.jpg

Well, I *can* see rental units--but as part of a strip-to-the-skeleton-and-rebuild scheme...

Looks like a full re-cladding of the tower with blue glass. The podium will also be modified into something more interesting and engaging with the street level.

Mods new title: The Four Season Hotel 2 based on tonight design. I will post photos later and you would say it was a copy of the current new tower.

I like the design 100% especially the based. Section 37 will be used to make TTC accessibly from this project.

18 floors of commercial with the rest being condo's with a height of 185m plus mechanical. There will be a small 3's podium

207 1 bedrooms over 542 sq ft, 132 2 bedrooms and 84 3 bedrooms.

Current 2 level of parking for 78 cars will become 5 levels for 165.

The building will strip to the structural steel frame so reinforcement can take place to add the extra 25 floors on top on of the original design 30 floors back in 1967. Since the footings have to be reinforce, the extra 3 floors for parking has to be dug out to get to the footings.

Anyway here is the correct title: The Icon (Joeeph Azouri, Amexun Development Corporation, 55's, Deni Poletti Core Architects)

I'm sure they'll need to kick out all the current tenants ? Its about 250K square feet of office space (nearly all occupied today).

Are they going to be renovating the space ? It's just a class B office building today and I'm sure it can use a renovation.

AG, 55 storeys.....

Hmmm, 43 storys/185-195 meters....so here starts the manhattanization of University Ave

Different floor height between commercial and residents, since the building was design back in the mid 60's where ceilings did not play a part like they do to day. It is 55's regardless of the 185m.

Back