http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3816210&isCofASearch=false

422 RONCESVALLES AVE
Ward 14 - Tor & E.York District

The proposed redevelopment includes a terraced, eight-storey mixed-use building with ground floor retail space and a four-storey townhouse component. The mid-rise building will include 93 residential condominium units and the four-storey townhouse component will consist of 6 freehold units. The proposed development density or floor space index (FSI) is approximately 4 times the lot area.

So that's one fewer floors and 18 fewer suites than the original application.

Can you picture it in red brick, black window wall and light grey metal panels on the upper 2 PH levels? Then add a dentist and a useless yuppy store to the CRU
jaxCOt6.jpg

Has anyone heard any more on this? I heard that they started to bring down the funeral home that was here but I haven't been in the area to confirm this yet

I'm told the they are getting a lot of flack from the local residents who want them to scale down the project.

From Gord Park's newsletter:

422-436 Roncesvalles and 76 Howard Park Ave Community Meeting

Please share with your neighbours:

Community Meeting on October 19th, 7-9 PM
St Casimir’s Parish Hall, 156 Roncesvalles Avenue

Friends,

I have been advised by City Legal and City Planning that the developers of 422-436 Roncesvalles Avenue and 76 Howard Park Avenue have requested to participate in mediation at the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) prior to their hearing date.

Earlier this year, my office was advised that the developer applied to the OMB for a hearing. A 4-day hearing was scheduled by the OMB beginning January 24, 2017. (This is a REVISED DATE set by the OMB.) There is no scheduled pre-hearing at this time.

City Planning will be bringing a Staff Report to the November Toronto and East York Community Council (TEYCC) Meeting requesting City Council to authorize the City Solicitor and appropriate staff to attend the OMB hearing.

With the request for mediation from the developer, the OMB will now decide if a pre-hearing needs to be scheduled, at which time interested party members can request status to participate in the mediation, or if the OMB will go directly to a mediation. This decision is still outstanding.

If a prehearing is scheduled, my office will advise the community once the date is set.

If it goes directly to a mediation, it would be heard by a member of the OMB and would include the developer and interested parties.

The City of Toronto is registered as an interested party and would request that community representatives have an opportunity to participate in the mediation process.

I am holding a Community Meeting to discuss the process for mediation at the OMB, to get feedback on community representation at the mediation and to answer any questions you may have about this development application through the City Planning and the OMB process.

The meeting will be held on October 19th from 7-9 PM at St Casimir’s Parish Hall, 156 Roncesvalles Avenue. City Planning Staff will also be in attendance.

Please feel free to contact my office if you have any questions or require any further information.

Gord

OMB hearing is scheduled for next week:

upload_2017-1-16_15-34-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-16_15-34-7.png
    upload_2017-1-16_15-34-7.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 920
Great news for the neighbourhood. I'm happy for the exact reason that the NIMBYs are mad: this sets a precedent that 8 storeys is an appropriate size for buildings facing Roncy. As an officially designated Avenue with excellent transit, this is exactly where the city should be allowing this kind of mid-rise development.

Back