DSC08388.JPG

Now from east side of the viaduct crossing Rosedale Valley Road:

DSC08390.JPG

Now from the corner of Bloor and Parliament:

DSC08392.JPG

DSC08393.JPG

Finally, from Bloor and Sherbourne:

DSC08432.JPG

We should all collaborate on a home-grown musical: The Star-Spandreled Banner, about all the cheap & dirty tricks of our local developers.
The first verse:

O say can you see, by the Don’s early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the tower’s past gleaming,
Whose broad glass and bright lights through the perilous night,
O'er the green roof we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the spire’s red glare, the birds flocking in air,
Gave proof through the night that our tow’r was still there;
O say does that star-spandreled banner yet pave
O'er the land of the tall and the home of the brave?

The cheap and dirty tricks come after.

Selby is rental so to keep folks interested and coming back, it was / is in Tricon's best interest to do something that's a cut above. Sales in a condo, by contrast, are based entirely on renders and marketing bumpf...

Selby is rental so to keep folks interested and coming back, it was / is in Tricon's best interest to do something that's a cut above. Sales in a condo, by contrast, are based entirely on renders and marketing bumpf...
I was prepared to counter this, but as I looked for examples it does seem that rentals are generally higher quality. It's funny since you'd think it'd be the opposite, which might be due to cultural biases of renting vs ownership. That said, I still view all brick cladding as more attractive and premium than any window wall or hybrid glass cladding, though part of that is personal bias since I don't really like all glass buildings in general.

Back