It's obvious you have a problem with poor people when you emphasis in your post the word poor to convey your dislike of them.

Hear that? That's the sound of something going right over your head. Was it not obvious enough that I was mimicking gocondotoronto's irrational fear of St. James Town?

It's obvious you have a problem with poor people when you emphasis in your post the word poor to convey your dislike of them.

Not familiar with sarcasm? That's unfortunate, because you'll see a lot of it on this board.

Hear that? That's the sound of something going right over your head. Was it not obvious enough that I was mimicking gocondotoronto's irrational fear of St. James Town?

My mistake then. It looked like you were being serious in the post. One of the major reasons I hate having discussion and debates online is that tone can often be lost...

My mistake then. It looked like you were being serious in the post. One of the major reasons I hate having discussion and debates online is that tone can often be lost...

I agree, it is very difficult to convey tone with typed words alone. I was hoping that it was fairly obvious with the emphasis on poor, and that it was directly after gocondo's silly remark. Sorry if I came across as rude, I tend to go on the defensive quickly.

Anybody hear anything on this?

Given the timing of this resubmission I think they were trying to play on the approval of 426 University (0 parking, 9 carshare, 42 storeys, point tower on a small lot, adjacent to transit).

I like the location. And it'll add to the corridor-density (if you will...) of this part of Bloor. Nice to drive westbound into.

387 Bloor Street east (49s + 12s)

387 BLOOR ST E
OPA / Rezoning 12 290796 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Dec 7, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application for construction of a new mixed use development consisting of a 49 strorey and 12 storey residential building connected by a one storey podium containing commercial uses. Included in the proposal is a total of 582 residential units complete with 173 parking spaces to serve the devlopment

Gee, for a moment i thought it was the same proposal.....but its not, and just next door to this -395-403 Bloor St East Condo (CB Holdings, 42s, P+S/IBI)
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...Bloor-St-East-Condo-(CB-Holdings-42s-P-S-IBI)

Last edited:
It's amazing how fast this area is changing and it's long overdue. Postmedia is moving in next door and with all the advertising and insurance professionals working in the area I always felt it was underserviced. Greenwin Square mall is really going to have to clean up it's act to fit in, right now it's a depressing, smelly, half empty shopping experience.

this is a tight site, and right beside that other 40 or so story proposal. Interesting to see how they will look when done. (the other one, I forget what it is called, has seen no news for close to a year now I think)

Back