The panel lines are a downer but Selby is still far more pleasing than the coma inducing Bay-Adelaide towers in the CBD.

Ouch! Reminds me of one of those Revell model kits I had as a kid where, no matter how hard you tried, the pieces wouldn't quite fit together!

Last edited:
Selby1.jpg

Selby2.jpg

Selby3.jpg

Selby4.jpg

Attachments

• Selby1.jpg
    Selby1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 480
  • Selby2.jpg
    Selby2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 481
  • Selby3.jpg
    Selby3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 461
  • Selby4.jpg
    Selby4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 441
If they're going to use brick wallpaper it's got to look better than something my Mom did in the seventies.

The opening for the windows on the west side are wider than the other square window openings, so they are using grey panels to fill in those spots. On the south side, they have added more concrete forms in preparation of cladding the first two floors.

The opening for the windows on the west side are wider than the other square window openings, so they are using grey panels to fill in those spots.

^ And they look terrible! Luckily it's just that one floor though. I don't think they will need to do that on the rest, since only that one floor has a column blocking the window.

They would have looked better as flat panels without the 60's brick look.

No, I like the brick as is. I don't get the 60s vibe at all from it.

It's going to look great, I have faith. The lines are only super apparent now because they haven't been straightened out, and there's so few of them that they're more noticable overall. If people remember the cladding at Couture, we all hated it until the last panel went on and suddenly it turned out great.

I'd rather be disappointed at the end than right away :p

Just took this today from the 20th floor on Howard street....the faux brick hoarding? Personally, not liking what I'm seeing, and it's only half way up, and it will also block my afternoon sun in the spring and the fall, not happy, but am liking the new skyline, when I moved in here, in 2008, none of the tallest towers were there, can't wait to see how it will look once The One it topped off in 2022.
IMG_1336.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 514
^ And they look terrible! Luckily it's just that one floor though. I don't think they will need to do that on the rest, since only that one floor has a column blocking the window.

They now have 3 floors of windows on the back side of the building, and it appears that they will be using the grey panels all the way up. Personally, I think this building looks better from the back than the front with that blank wall of brick panels.

They now have 3 floors of windows on the back side of the building, and it appears that they will be using the grey panels all the way up. Personally, I think this building looks better from the back than the front with that blank wall of brick panels.

I was just going to post the same detail. Noticed the Sherbourne side has windows on the second floor now, with the same grey spandrel. ugh. Not a complete deal breaker, but ugh.

I was just going to post the same detail. Noticed the Sherbourne side has windows on the second floor now, with the same grey spandrel. ugh. Not a complete deal breaker, but ugh.

It's a far cry from the bright orange brick in the original proposal, but agreed, grey = blah, and the hoarding material made to resemble red brick seems anything but, depending on the sun or darkness. I'd go as far to say it changes colours from a dark red to grey, and everything else in between. I know because I can see it from my balcony, anyone know what type of material they use to create the hoarding?

Back